Nashville Software School
Student Services / Bookkeeper
Nashville Software School
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace constructive feedback, and are you willing to jump in to help the team and students? We are looking for a service oriented bookkeeper to join our team. Nashville Software School is a non profit focused on providing motivated students who have aptitude the opportunity to learn relevant technology skills. NSS is committed to growing diversity in technology by opening the door to underrepresented groups in tech irrespective of their economic situation. This is a full time position (40 hours per week) in a lively environment with a high volume of tasks and student/visitor interactions, and will report to the Director of Operations.
- Handle communications and assist students as they navigate their financial decisions regarding tuition
- Updating and reconciliation of financial reports between software systems
- Verifying transactions are appropriately entered and classified correctly, including confirmation of logged receipt or purchase order if applicable
- Understanding our invoicing flow; creating and processing invoices
- Review accounts receivable and take action to encourage payments
- Updating, handling and filing of student records from admissions to graduation and beyond
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Experience with Quickbooks and GAAP accounting principles
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Open to working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Non profit experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills; always a student first approach
- Experience in a collaborative/team environment; ready to step in and help get the job done
Our benefits include 4 weeks Paid Time Off, options for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Simple IRA, among others.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume that speak directly to this position to email@example.com.
We review applications on a rolling basis and will respond within 5 business days, usually sooner.
Nashville Software School (NSS) is a non-profit vocational school. Non-profits are pretty rare in the coding bootcamp world. In fact, there are only a handful of other non-profit coding bootcamps in the US. We were the first.
NSS is in the opportunity business. Our goal is to open the door to tech careers for as many individuals in middle Tennessee as there are junior tech jobs. Additionally, we place an emphasis on opening doors for individuals from under-represented groups who may have never realized that a tech career was an option for them.
Founded in 2012, we are one of the longest-running coding bootcamps in the country. In February 2020, we surpassed 1000 graduates with a placement rate (in field) over 90%.
Our team members put students first. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace feedback, and are willing to jump in and help each other.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in new perspectives and experiences. Just as we are committed to helping improve the diversity of the Nashville tech talent pool, we are eager to further diversify our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Date Posted: May 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, 9 am - 5 pm