Nashville Software School
Student Services / Admissions Representative
Nashville Software School
Nashville Software School founded in 2012, was one of the first non-profit bootcamps in the U.S. We are focused on providing motivated students who have aptitude the opportunity to learn relevant technology skills. NSS is committed to growing diversity in technology by opening the door to underrepresented groups in tech irrespective of their economic situation. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in a lively environment with a high volume of tasks and student/visitor interactions, and will report to the Admissions manager.
The Student Services / Admissions Representative is the first point of contact for anyone contacting Nashville Software School through the phone, general email address, or by walking into our building. In addition, this position serves our current students by assisting with any operational questions they might have, and plays an important role in ensuring that the highest level of service and responsiveness is provided to the prospective and current students, alums of our programs, community hiring managers, and other community members.
- Answering incoming calls, emails, slack messages, and other inquiries regarding our admissions process, educational programs, and general information from interested applicants and current students
- Accurately maintaining student records, agreements, and other student information in the appropriate systems
- Understanding our admissions process in accordance with Tennessee educational regulations and adherence to those rules
- Scheduling appointments, reserving rooms, and assisting with calendar management for interviews with prospective students, staff meetings, class calendars, and other meetings or events as needed
- Assisting with event set up, such as our monthly information sessions, Demo Days, class orientations, and others
- Receiving and directing visitors and students at the front desk when back to in-person operations
- Tracking stock for required supplies and ordering appropriately
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion in all aspects of the job
- Other administrative tasks as requested
- Excellent interpersonal and customer support skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Open to working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; always a student first approach
- Strong teamwork mentality – experience in a collaborative/team environment; ready to step in and help get the job done
- Experience in customer support or related activities a plus
- Non-profit experience a plus
We are currently hosting operations remotely. Ability to work in an office setting 5 days a week, once back to in-person operations is required.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, PTO, and retirement plan.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in new perspectives and experiences. Just as we are committed to helping improve the diversity of the Nashville tech talent pool, we are eager to further diversify our team.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume that speaks directly to this position to email@example.com.
We review applications on a rolling basis and will respond within 5 business days, usually sooner. We look forward to hearing from you!
Nashville Software School (NSS) is a non-profit vocational school. Non-profits are pretty rare in the coding bootcamp world. In fact, there are only a handful of other non-profit coding bootcamps in the US. We were the first.
NSS is in the opportunity business. Our goal is to open the door to tech careers for as many individuals in middle Tennessee as there are junior tech jobs. Additionally, we place an emphasis on opening doors for individuals from under-represented groups who may have never realized that a tech career was an option for them.
Founded in 2012, we are one of the longest-running coding bootcamps in the country. In February 2020, we surpassed 1000 graduates with a pre-pandemic placement rate (in field) of over 90%.
Our team members put students first. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace feedback from students and colleagues, and are willing to jump in and help each other.
For information about how NSS is responding to COVID-19, please visit nashss.com/covid-19.
- Date Posted: April 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week; M-F