Student Assistance Counselor – Williamson Co.
The STARS Student Assistance Counselor will be responsible for directing and assisting in the implementation of all program components of the Student Assistance Model in the school(s) assigned to him/her. The STARS Student Assistance Counselor will be directly accountable to the Director of Clinical Services and Program Manager, or his/her designee.
- As Coordinator:
- Serves as a member of the in-school Core/Respect and Protect Team by providing leadership for the coordination of services and activities within each school. Facilitates developmentally appropriate individual and support group counseling sessions.
- Provides case management and follow-up services with students, parents, school personnel and community professionals.
- Serves and participates on school crisis team.
- Provides alcohol, drug, violence and suicide prevention/intervention services.
- Collects and maintains all appropriate student data and completes all required program reporting.
- As Counselor:
- Chief facilitator of the team process to support the team as a functional group.
- Consults with and provides consultative services to faculty members, SRO’s, parents and community persons.
- Teaches education sessions/presentations for students, parents and community groups in alcohol, drug and violence prevention and character education.
- Provides one in-service training for the school faculty, specifically Core/Respect and Protect teams per semester.
- Provides student intakes with recommendations and referrals to in-school and or community resources/agencies.
- As Community Participant:
- Serves as an advocate for education, prevention/intervention programs or activities, treatment agencies within the community, and other follow-up support services for the students.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with individuals, court services, social service and counseling agencies, public and private associations, and businesses in the community in order to form partnerships and service plans to meet the needs of students and their families as deemed appropriate by STARS.
- Lead and provide after school service learning projects for students.
- Knowledge in education and counseling services, including drug, alcohol, and violence prevention.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in counseling, social work, with 3+ years work in youth social service field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of social service referral sources in the community.
- Must possess leadership ability and team building skills.
- Good human relation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Must possess the ability to implement and incorporate existing protocol, practices and policies into the work environment.
- Must have the ability to organize, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the business.
- Must be able to work some after school/non-traditional school hours.
How to Apply
Apply on-line at STARS website:
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/04/2021
- Working Hours: 22.5 hrs/wk