Open Table Nashville
Street Outreach and Housing Navigator
Open Table Nashville
The Street Outreach and Housing Navigator at Open Table Nashville (OTN) will utilize evidence based practices to build relationships with people experiencing homelessness to help them navigate and obtain resources, services, and housing.
OUTREACH AND HOUSING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make contact and develop person-centered rapport with people experiencing homelessness.
- Provide supplies and food for survival and care.
- Navigate social services, creatively network resources, and assist friends to determine opportunities for housing, accessing resources and other critical services.
- Refer friends to other available needed services.
- Obtain housing readiness documentation such as IDs, social security cards and birth certificates.
- Transport friends as needed (medical appointments, filling out housing applications, etc.)
- Continued engagement with unsheltered friends until shelter or permanent housing is obtained providing support for people as they transition from homelessness to housing.
- Provide advocacy for friends when they encounter barriers.
- Assist in identifying appropriate housing and completing housing applications.
- Collaborate with other organizations, agencies, and community partners to ensure the best possible care for those we are journeying alongside.
- Attend community meetings as needed.
- Work with OTN staff and community partners to provide a Welcome Home Kit and other needed furniture items to those who move into housing.
- Manage friend case information and other tracking needs in internal OTN systems and HMIS.
- Adheres to OTN policies and procedures.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in other team meetings as required.
- Provides contributions to social media content as requested.
- Support organizational fundraising efforts.
- Participates in development and implementation of organizational strategic plans.
- Performs other duties as designated by supervisor or organization leadership.
- Experience in homeless outreach or homeless services and/or case management in a related field.
- Demonstrated compassion for people who have experienced trauma, discrimination, and oppression and who struggle with mental and physical health needs, substance use disorder, and behavioral health issues.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to be trained in) trauma-informed de escalation tactics, motivational interviewing, and other forms of evidence based practices and trauma-informed care.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to be trained in) First Aid/CPR.
- Willingness to embrace people from all walks of life.
- Proficiency in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and data tracking and management systems.
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Dedication to working for justice.
- Guiding care and concern for the unity and well-being of Open Table Nashville.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service-related field and/or two years of direct service experience with people experiencing homelessness, any equivalent combination of experience/education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been gained.
- Alignment with OTN’s Mission Statement and Core Values: compassion, dignity, integrity, community, and solidarity.
- Driver’s license, working vehicle, and automobile liability insurance required.
- This is a full time-regular exempt salaried position with a starting salary of $40,000 earned annually.
- 16 paid holidays annually.
- 27 PTO days.
- Mileage reimbursement up to $120 per week.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage.
- $300 monthly healthcare stipend for those who do not opt in to the healthcare package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Allie Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: May 19, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: 40,000