Center for Youth Ministry Training
Strategic Marketing Director
Center for Youth Ministry Training
The Center for Youth Ministry Training equips leaders and communities of faith to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ, leading to identity and purpose. The CYMT accomplishes this mission through three primary initiatives: the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry, in partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary; Theology Together; and the Innovation Laboratory. CYMT was created in 2006.
Objective: Responsible for planning, overseeing, and implementing CYMT’s external and internal marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities.
Supervision: Reports to the Executive Director and sits on the Lead Team of CYMT. The Marketing Director also works with the Board of Directors on various projects.
Supervises: Oversees the Digital Communications Coordinator
Hours/Compensation: Full-Time (40 hours per week), compensation based on experience
Ongoing Marketing Leadership:
- Develops an annual marketing plan to support the below teams’ ministry goals and initiatives:
- Graduate Residency
- Innovation Lab
- Theology Together
- Participate in the development of branding and organizational identity initiatives
- Manages, evaluates, and implements the above mentioned marketing plans including promotional calendars and new product introductions while ensuring strong internal communication on marketing progress
- Oversees and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public
- To oversee all print and digital marketing media including CYMT owned websites.
- Develop and manage relationships with designers, consultants, and other suppliers including contract negotiation
- To oversee Digital Communication Coordinator’s work including management of CYMT social media channels creating interactive opportunities
- Establish and grow our target market share demonstrated through sales and analytics
- Builds brand awareness and ensures a clear articulation of CYMT’s desired internal and external image
- Conducts relevant market research, monitors trends, and adapts CYMT marketing strategies
- Responsible for editorial direction, design oversight, production and distribution of all CYMT publications and products.
- Coordinates marketing projects from start to finish, such as cause-related marketing efforts and special events.
- Develops and manage the marketing budget
- Presents CYMT’s marketing and communications strategies and activities to the National Board.
- Ensures that marketing files, images, and videos are organized and accessible to staff on our shared drive.
- Develops and manages systems for the Marketing Team and for other teams to use to submit support requests
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications
- 5+ years of proven experience in marketing, strategic planning, team and project management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible in a growing and fast-moving environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Keynote, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), and Social Media web platforms
- Hupspot proficiency is preferred
- Asana proficiency is preferred
- WordPress experience is not required but highly desirable
- Health insurance or health insurance stipend
- Retirement stipend
- Optional Replenishment/Care Plan after 1 year of employment
- Flexible work hours
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at www.cymt.org/job-openings where you will also be required to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Date Posted: September 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/15/2021
- Salary Range: Based on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk