TN College Access & Success Network
Strategic Initiatives Manager
TN College Access & Success Network
The Strategic Initiatives Manger will work closely with TCASN senior staff to advance special projects and programs that enhance the organization’s reach and impact. This is a supporting role, working closely with internal team members and external stakeholders, to ensure ongoing success and growth of TCASN projects and programs. Responsibilities will require independent as well as collaborative work, conducting and disseminating research, and advancing projects while also seeking and incorporating input and advice from a variety of stakeholders and audiences. Success in this role will result in stronger and broader partnerships with local, state, federal, non-profit and for-profit entities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Strategic Initiatives Manager performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Assists the organization to achieve its priorities and goals and helps monitor progress toward those ends.
- Assists in setting goals and outcomes for TCASN projects. Tracks and asses these goals on an on-going basis, using real-time data, and implements strategies to ensure successful completion of goals and quality improvement.
- Encourages and enhances strong relationships among education and social service agencies in the Nashville area by collaborating on topics of mutual interest, advocating for relevant policies, and working to improve, broaden, and streamline services.
- Identifies and recruits new partner organizations, schools, philanthropies, businesses, and individuals interested in investing time, resources, and expertise in college access and success efforts for urban areas of Tennessee.
- Works directly on TCASN’s policy and advocacy priorities, including but not limited to conducting legislative research and participating in legislative outreach
- Organizes and oversees project meetings among partner organizations.
- Assists TCASN staff and partners in brainstorming solutions and implementing strategies across sectors to address college enrollment, retention, and attainment barriers Tennessee students face.
- Assists in fund development efforts through relationship-building, grant seeking, grant writing, and reporting.
- Supports board relations, helping to prepare materials, reports and other pieces of information to assist the board in its decision-making and governance.
- Provides outreach, technical assistance, and professional development opportunities for TCASN partners.
- Works collaboratively and facilitates the flow and integration of information by attending and/or conducting meetings with TCASN staff members, partners, and others.
- Manages special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate should:
- Knowledge of the college access and success community, including, federal and state grant programs, national and local direct services programs, philanthropy, and best practices.
- Experience in providing access and/or success services to first-generation/low-income student populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of college access and success barriers particular to Tennessee students, particularly for urban student populations.
- Ability to engage stakeholders across sectors and work on solutions: K12 education, higher education, workforce development, and economic development.
- Demonstrate credibility through sincerity, honesty and discretion, contributing to TCASN’s established reputation as a trusted source in the field of college access and success.
- Have knowledge of factors affecting student postsecondary access and success and best practices.
- Have experience considering the effects of college access and success on multiple communities, including communities of color and those with low socioeconomic status.
- Work effectively with a diverse population.
- Be able to look at numbers, trends, and data, and come to conclusions based on findings.
- Be able to find, manipulate, and interpret data effectively to inform programming decisions.
- Be able to translate data into understandable documents/presentations.
- Work efficiently and independently, being able to multi-task with minimal supervision, and accurately perform duties and adhere to established deadlines.
- Solve problems, pay attention to detail, and follow through on tasks assigned through completion.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Have a passion for working in the nonprofit and education sector – especially for postsecondary attainment.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products as well as knowledge of basic office and communication equipment and software.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Have a strong and demonstrated commitment to equity.
- Have a valid in-state driver license for local travel.
Priority will be given to candidates with:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working with diverse populations
Benefits: For full-time employees working more than 30 hours per week: Group Health Insurance – TCASN pays 80% portion of the employee health insurance. Family coverage is 50% employee paid. Group Dental Insurance- TCASN offers dental insurance, it is 100% employee paid. Group Vision – TCASN offers vision insurance, it is 100% employee paid.
Benefits paid entirely by TCASN for salaried staff members include: Group Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off
All salaried and hourly employees receive the following fringe benefits: Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Benefits, Social Security and Medicaid Contributions.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, and cover letter to: Bob Obrohta, Executive Director, Tennessee College Access and Success Network, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/20/2022
- Salary Range: $60-$70K
- Working Hours: 40hrs M-F 8AM-4:30PM