Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The Store Manager at the Bellevue store will manage store operations to achieve preset sales goals and provide superior customer service in accordance with the core values of Goodwill Industries.
- Manage and motivate employees to obtain preset sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements, at all times.
- Oversee customer service including: Ensuring prompt and accurate checkout, Responding to customer complaints and concerns, Handling refunds, exchanges and price changes as and when required
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Responsible for managing the store budget to meet budget objectives.
- Ensure proper handling of Store monies.
- Ensure all employees receive the appropriate training based on their job, including spot checking quality of work, coordinating with other departments as appropriate and implementing policies and procedures.
- Provide and/or organize training and development for employees.
- Implement marketing plan of company and coordinate all in store promotions.
- Create and maintain overall store presentation, including window displays, end caps, etc. Ensure overall cleanliness, and appeal of store.
- Ensure proper administration of all store paperwork in a timely manner including items such as human resources forms, performance reviews, leave of absence request forms, monthly safety form, weekly employee schedule, supply order form, non-taxable sales log, daily deposit information and donation activity report, timekeeping and store inspections.
- Ensure all employees are scheduled in a manner that ensures floor coverage while not exceeding preset labor hours. Operate store effectively to prevent unnecessary overtime hours.
- Responsible for administration of Human Resources policies and procedures consistently, such as employment process (i.e. interviewing, hiring, etc.), corrective action, attendance and employee termination. and coordinate with Human Resources as necessary:
- Manage donation process if applicable to the store location.
- Regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience or two years thrift store management experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to understand, communicate, comply with and enforce policies and procedures.
- Able to learn new processes quickly and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Able to problem-solve, prioritize and be able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to travel to and work at other locations as needed.
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and manage a budget.
- Able to read and complete forms.
- Able to lift or carry loads weighing over 50 pounds continuously.
- Able to push or pull loads weighing over 50 pounds continuously.
- Basic computer skills (Basic Excel and E-mail).
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License:
- High School Education or GED Equivalent is preferred.
- Five (5) plus years or more management experience is preferred. Retail management is preferred.
- Previous experience working with donated goods is preferred.
- Previous experience recruiting, developing, conducting performance reviews, and scheduling staff is preferred.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s mission is to change lives through education, training, and employment.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
How to Apply
Please go to our website and apply directly there: https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Store-Manager_12948
- Date Posted: November 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development