St. Paul Christian Academy
STEAM Lab/Makerspace/Robotics Teacher
St. Paul Christian Academy
St. Paul Christian Academy in Nashville seeks an innovative and collaborative educator to join the faculty. The STEAM program has been well developed over the past decade at St. Paul. We are looking for an innovative educator to see this program continue to develop and become an even more integral part of our overall academic picture within the JK-6th grade setting. The STEAM teacher at St Paul Christian Academy invests in students to further the St. Paul pillars of Academic Excellence, Passion for Christ, and Leadership Development. St. Paul prides itself in forming a warm, nurturing environment with high-caliber academic excellence.
At St. Paul, the school walks with parents to establish a permanent foundation for our students to flourish by pursuing academic excellence, a passion for Christ, and an ever-deepening understanding of their call to be leaders who uniquely shape the world in which they live. This foundation is formed by creating a place filled with childlike wonder where each child is known, loved, nurtured, and challenged to be his or her best, in no small part due to our experienced and exceptional faculty.
St. Paul students and faculty pursue academic excellence in a loving and challenging environment where children learn to work hard while simultaneously maintaining the wonder of childhood. We hold high expectations for our students, and our nurturing environment helps them meet those expectations to reach their highest potential. As a result, our children are well prepared for acceptance into the most competitive college-preparatory schools in Nashville.
A teacher at our school:
- Demonstrates the qualities of a professional educator. (Academic Excellence)
- Projects a positive, Christ-like attitude and models a thoughtful, balanced, Biblically-focused lifestyle. (Passion for Christ)
- Seeks to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships. (Leadership Development)
- Partners with parents to promote student success.
- Facilitates proactive and constructive communication with students, parents, faculty, and administration.
- Demonstrates active support for colleagues and intentionally collaborates and contributes to one’s team.
- Maintains individualized and high expectations for all students.
- Utilizes various assessment techniques to measure and monitor student learning and the effectiveness of our teaching methods.
- Provides mission-consistent discipline for all students.
- Exhibits a growth mindset.
- Integrates technology as an instructional and productivity tool.
- Embraces ownership of our school through active contribution to school growth and improvement and support of the school community.
A bachelor’s degree is required, and teaching experience in elementary or middle school is preferred. Applicants must show a keen interest in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math. Additional duties include but may not be limited to:
- Plan, modify, and execute daily lessons.
- Monitor students’ daily progress in supporting individualized instructional goals and adapt as needed to reach multiple learning styles and abilities effectively.
- Effectively manage the classroom and build relationships with students with an emphasis on understanding the whole child.
- Collaborate with the entire teaching team on all student-related matters.
- Collaborate with the Center for Student Success to ensure the appropriate challenge and support are provided to each student.
- Manage daily communication with parents regarding the emotional and academic growth of their children.
- Complete monthly curriculum mapping to place all lesson plans online.
- Collaborate with the Division Heads on an annual individualized professional growth plan
- Attend weekly faculty meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Faculty Characteristics of Professional Excellence listed below.
St. Paul offers a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a statement of faith to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: January 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/01/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.