Statewide Top Manager
Seeking individual with experience and skill as a trainer and/or group facilitator to join a team working to enrich the lives and support the development of adolescents in state custody. With other team members, will provide training for front line staff across the state in support of their use of an evidence-based social emotional learning model; Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program (TOP).
- Along with providing training in the TOP model, duties include 1) follow-up coaching and other support to ensure high quality implementation of TOP, 2) relationship building with numerous external partners, and 3) compliance monitoring via data and on-site observations.
- A commitment to the wellbeing of marginalized youth, creativity, an eagerness to work collaboratively with fellow team members, and an ability to relate well to front line staff as well as managers at external agencies are important for success in this position.
- Promote TOP, youth development and service-learning youth programming with TN stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of a plan for enhancing community support for the programs.
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience in training or facilitation of groups.
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth –including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and Knowledge and ability to identify authentic opportunities for youth to contribute to their community.
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic adult learning and group work principles.
- Knowledge and ability to apply science-based prevention principals.
- Knowledge and ability to apply cultural diversity sensitivity to service delivery.
- evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Experience with child welfare or juvenile corrections and facility with communications via social media (IG) are a plus, but not required.
- Some overnight travel required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Free employee dental & vision insurance
Free LTD & LIfe policy
401K & Match, up to 3%
11 paid holidays, including birthday and Juneteenth
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Linda Copeland – @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 45K-52K