Sexual Assault Center
Statewide Crisis Line/Hotline Coordinator
Sexual Assault Center
To develop, implement, and manage the TN Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage statewide sexual assault hotline.
- Work on-call shifts for the hotline.
- Implement activities of Statewide Crisis Line grant including adherence to developed timeframe.
- Research existing statewide hotlines to incorporate best practices surrounding statewide crisis line programs, crisis line logistics, and crisis line sustainability.
- Develop and/or connect with existing Tennessee sexual assault focused committees to receive input on sexual assault crisis line needs.
- Conduct a statewide environmental scan of sexual statewide resources that are available to victims and survivors of sexual assault.
- Work in collaboration with the Sexual Assault Center’s VOCA training and other departments.
- Hire and supervise crisis line staff and volunteers.
- Participate in on-going community relationships and resource building with programs across Tennessee.
- Collect, compile, analyze, assess, and report on collected data.
- Bring awareness to the hotline through outreach activities.
- Evaluate hotline services to ensure satisfaction of callers and quality of services.
- Provide comprehensive, trauma-informed, victim/survivor centered, evidence and research based, resiliency focused trainings.
- Recruit, train, and maintain relationships with hotline volunteers.
- Expand and further improve the TN Statewide SA Survivor Resource Guide.
- Develop annual hotline budget in coordination with Directory of Hotline, Advocacy Services, & SAFE Clinic.
- Track annual hotline expenses.
Maintain relationships with hotline partner organizations
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree that encompasses skills of coordination, program development, and evaluation. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in a human service related field is preferred. At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred. Relevant professional experience can be in lieu of educational requirements.
SAC reserves the right waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Familiarity with sexual assault dynamics, trauma informed response, and crisis intervention is required.
- Ability to be organized and detail oriented while being flexible is required.
- Ability to keep up with changing scopes of project work is required.
- Ability to work independently and among teams is required.
- Possession of excellent relationship building skills is required.
- Understanding of culturally responsive care and experience working with diverse communities and in marginalized populations is strongly preferred.
- Experience and aptitude with all forms and mediums of communication, especially phone skills.
- Understanding of statewide resources and services available to survivors of sexual assault.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and 401(k) available. Employer contributes to Medical, while Dental and Vision are 100% employee paid. LTD and 401(k) available after 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to HumanResources@sacenter.org
- Date Posted: June 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Working Hours: Full-Time/salary; some nights and weekends