TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Stagehands support the back of house operation in all activites needed to provide a positive experience for all clients internal departments. Responsible for the operation of audio, lighting, video, rigging and other theatrical equipment .This position assists with the maintenance of theatrical systems used in support of stage productions, meetings and related events at The TN Performing Arts Center.
- Utilize theatrical skills while working with a diverse group of back of house staff that will include full-time and part-time TPAC staff, union and non-union contracted labor, touring productions and community partners.
- Participates in the load in and load out of all theatrical equipement.
- Assist with maintenance of theatrical systems & equipment.
- Work collaboratively and receive direction from a variety of personnel including full-time staff and visiting department heads.
- Function as an electrician, spot op, or board operator on select events.
- Function as a stage manager, flyman, weight loader, or deck hand on select events.
- Function as a video operator or projectionist on select events.
- Able to communicate effectively with varying levels of staff as well as outside parties such as artists, vendors, and clients in a positive manner.
- Proactive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Demonstrates helpful and cooperative conduct to co-workers.
- Willing to work safely and efficiently in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Supports the organization in intentionally and actively cultivating TPAC’s Diversity, Inclusion, Access and Equity (DIAE) program with the support from the DIAE Committee.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience as a theatrical stagehand, event technician or production services.
- Theatrical specific knowledge (i.e. elec. audio, carpentry, rigging).
- Basic knowledge of electricity.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Employee agrees to provide basic personal tool kit appropriate for work hired to accomplish.
- Eighteen (18) years or older with basic skills in reading and math.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, VenueOps, ADP Workforce.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- Frequently lifting up to 75 pounds, climbing and working from a ladder and high reach personal lifts is requirement of this position.
- Ability to stay alert and focused during long periods of inactivity.
- Ability to work in low light situations.
- Must be comfortable working at height.
- Working enviroment includes working indoors and outdoors with moderate to loud noises.
- Flexiblity to work days, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
How to Apply
Please visit our website:
- Date Posted: June 4, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture