YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Regional HR Director (RHRD), the Staffing Coordinator provides support in all functional areas of Human Resources, with a focus on partnering with supervisors and hiring managers to to ensure staffing objectives are met. The Staffing Specialist will demonstrate excellent customer service, strong technical skills and the ability to work through solutions to find and retain quality YMCA staff.
- Support the YMCA mission and model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Model and put into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity
- Ensure outstanding customer/member service and compliance with Association standards, policies and procedures
Serve as Administrative Support:
- Support centers with various HR related questions and needs as requested by RHRD
- Keep documents current and accessible in all HR systems; review and update HR-related documents including wage scales, job descriptions, forms, and reference materials
- Research and provide employment data to supervisors, hiring managers, and HR team as requested
- Submit documents and audit electronic personnel files in document management system/iSynergy
- Review, create and approve job requisitions and job postings
- Provide back up support to approve / monitor “flex up” requests
- Assist in creation of standard operating procedures (SOP) and ensure all (SOP) are kept current and available
- Work with HR Team to advance diversity and inclusion practices and global strategies in all aspects of staffing to increase the YMCA of Middle Tennessee’s capacity to better impact the communities we serve
- Provide HR administrative support to the Association Office
Provide Support During the Recruiting / Hiring Process:
- Build and maintain relationships / communicate often and clearly with supervisors, hiring managers, and HR team to help determine specific hiring goals
- Educate and train appropriate stakeholders on critical steps in the acquisition process
- Participate in creating proactive recruiting plans for areas of high turnover or seasonal hiring
- Identify recommendations to continuously improve the recruitment processes
- Work closely with HR Manager to create a talent pipeline for potential staffing needs, including Checkster referrals, monitoring TA applications, researching and contacting community services and colleges to provide organization information, opportunities, and benefits; make presentations; maintain rapport
- Work closely with HR Manager to advertise job openings across multiple platforms e.g. career page, job boards, internet sites, social media, or by other means to build applicant sources and increase applicant flow
- In coordination with the HR Director, create weekly Open Post List based on openings in TA and assist with applicant tracking and other hiring reports
- Work closely with appropriate stakeholders to understand the requirements and expectations of the open position(s)
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with hiring managers; understand needs for positions and the culture of the department
- Utilize exceptional judgment and relationship management skills to assess applicants and connect highly qualified individuals with hiring managers
- Oversee applicant flow
- Source, schedule, screen and interview applicants to ensure they meet criteria for placement based on required skillset, certifications, etc.
- Conduct pre-employment screening, e.g., comparing qualifications to job requirements, education, verifying references , background checks, etc.
- Participate in and guide hiring managers with phone interviews and on-site interviews
- Schedule on-site interviews for qualified candidates, arrange for second interviews with hiring managers, and provide materials, e.g., interview questions, job descriptions, etc.
- Ensure all processes for tracking and follow up with applicants is followed
- Keep detailed and accurate records relating to candidates and job search process for each person in database
- Monitor job offers and compensation practices
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
- Someone who thrives in a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration, and giving back to the community
- An enthusiastic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, members and participants to create a culture of service within our centers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments and to serve employees with a smile and a sense of humor!
- The ability to work as a member of a fast-paced team and to balance multiple tasks is essential.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information; to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the YMCA staffing structure and model
- Comprehensive knowledge of the YMCA brand, programs and services
- Proficiency in HRIS/Payroll systems, word processing, and spreadsheet software – particularly Excel – and related programs; ability to learn new software programs is vital); familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume data bases; experience with Kronos preferred
- Ability to travel to multiple locations and ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required; four year college degree preferred
- Minimum one year Human Resources administrative experience or two years of comparable YMCA experience
- Prior staffing industry experience a plus; recruiting experience with proven ability and demonstrable success preferred
- Multilingual preferred
- Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Within 30 days of hire: Kronos, CollaborNation, iSynergy, Talent Acquisition training
- Within 60 days of hire: Attend Introduction to Listen First
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
For more information about benefits, please visit our Careers page.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply now!
- Date Posted: February 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/01/2020
- Salary Range: $14.62 to $17.54 per hour, depending on experience
- Working Hours: M-F, typically 8am-5pm