Staff Nurse, RN/LPN, Melrose
Siloam Health’s mission is to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care. Our patients come from more than 80 countries and speak over 70 languages. Siloam’s approach to medical care provides a unique, interdisciplinary model of whole-person health care that addresses the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual determinants of health. Our staff is anchored by a multicultural primary care team that serves alongside roughly 300 volunteer interpreters, doctors, nurses, and other licensed medical specialists each year to provide comprehensive health care to Nashville’s most vulnerable.
The primary objective of the Staff Nurse is to collaborate with the larger team to provide patient care through intake, basic triage, onsite diagnostics and treatments, and patient education at the satellite office. Everything is done in the context of whole-person care with a team model.
- Provides nursing support directly for one specific provider but also for the entire team of providers along with the other nurses.
- Provides basic triage on a rotating basis, both by phone and in-person to walk-in patients.
- Performs in-office procedures as needed including HbA1c, blood glucose, strep screen, U/A, pregnancy test, EKGs and audiometry.
- Provides PO, IM and nebulized medications as needed. Provides IV access on occasion.
- Performs phlebotomy for in-office laboratory as needed.
- Collaborates with other members of the Care Team by making phone calls on behalf of the provider to the patient, pharmacy or another physician’s office.
- Provides patient education according to nurse assessment or direction by provider.
- Provides patient assessment and follow-up through phone calls
- May provide health education to Community Health Workers within the Community Health program if designated.
- Delivers care in the manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned such as ordering clinic supplies, reporting to the Health Department, and providing EMR support.
- Serves as leader for the nursing team when Director of Nursing is not available in the satellite office.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
We value having an experienced team of nurses to provide whole-person care for are patients. We are looking for someone who:
Education and Experience
- Current RN/LPN licensure
- CPR certification is required
- 1 year of experience preferred
- Experience with an EMR (electronic medical record) system as well as MS Office
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Arabic) is preferred, but not required
- Able to work independently, think creatively, and troubleshoot problems with little oversight
- Capable of thinking critically and make decisions with confidence
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Exhibits compassion and respect to patients as well as being personable and outgoing
- Ability to work independently and problem solve as needed
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records preferred
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination or provide proof of previous immunization
- Initial TB screening upon hire
Siloam Health is committed to caring for staff in the same excellent manner as we care for patients by providing the following benefits to our part-time staff:
- Simple IRA with employer match up to 3%
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Limited weekends
- Consistent schedule
- Diverse team and patient population
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: January 23, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $27.60 - $32.30
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk W-Th