Staff Nurse, RN/LPN (Bilingual Preferred)
Employment Status Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports To Director of Nursing
The staff nurse at Siloam Melrose collaborates with the larger team to provide patient care through intake, basic triage, onsite diagnostics and treatments, patient education and occasional home visits. Everything is done in the context of whole-person care with a team model.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides nursing support directly for one specific provider but also for the entire team of providers along with the other nurses.
- Provides basic triage on a rotating basis, both by phone and in-person to walk-in patients.
- Performs in-office procedures as needed including HbA1c, blood glucose, strep screen, U/A, pregnancy test, EKGs and audiometry.
- Provides PO, IM and nebulized medications as needed. Provides IV access on occasion.
- Performs phlebotomy for in-office laboratory as needed.
- Collaborates with other members of the Care Team by making phone calls on behalf of the provider to the patient, pharmacy or another physician’s office.
- Provides patient education according to nurse assessment or direction by provider.
- Provides patient assessment and follow-up through phone calls and occasional home visits.
- May provide health education to Community Health Workers within the Community Health program if designated.
- Provides care coordination of enrolled patients.
- Delivers care in the manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Trains and supports nurse volunteers.
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned such as ordering clinic supplies, reporting to the Health Department, serving as refugee immunization back-up, providing EMR support, or serving on the OSHA committee.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
Education and Experience
- Current RN or LPN licensure
- CPR certification is required
- Outpatient experience is preferred
- Experience with an EMR (electronic medical record) system as well as MS Office
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Exhibits compassion and respect to patients as well as being personable and outgoing
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records preferred
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish or English/Arabic)
Siloam offers a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life and long-term disability coverage, paid-time off, and participation in a retirement plan after one year of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: April 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 26.50-29.50/hour