Staff Nurse, RN/LPN, Antioch Location
The primary objective of the Staff Nurse is to collaborate with the larger team to provide patient care through intake, basic triage, onsite diagnostics and treatments, and patient education at the satellite office. Everything is done in the context of whole-person care with a team model.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides nursing support directly for one specific provider but also for the entire team of providers along with the other nurses.
- Provides basic triage on a rotating basis, both by phone and in-person to walk-in patients.
- Performs in-office procedures as needed including HbA1c, blood glucose, strep screen, U/A, pregnancy test, EKGs and audiometry.
- Provides PO, IM and nebulized medications as needed. Provides IV access on occasion.
- Performs phlebotomy for in-office laboratory as needed.
- Collaborates with other members of the Care Team by making phone calls on behalf of the provider to the patient, pharmacy or another physician’s office.
- Provides patient education according to nurse assessment or direction by provider.
- Provides patient assessment and follow-up through phone calls
- May provide health education to Community Health Workers within the Community Health program if designated.
- Delivers care in the manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned such as ordering clinic supplies, reporting to the Health Department, and providing EMR support.
- Serves as leader for the nursing team when Nurse Manager is not available in the satellite office.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
Education and Experience
- Able to work independently, think creatively, and troubleshoot problems with little oversight
- Capable of thinking critically and make decisions with confidence
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Exhibits compassion and respect to patients as well as being personable and outgoing
- Ability to work independently and problem solve as needed
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records preferred
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Willingness to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination or provide proof of previous immunization
- Initial TB screening upon hire
Paid Time Off including extended illness bank, personal days, holidays, etc.
Insurance including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability
Eligible to participate in a Simple IRA plan after one-year of employment
How to Apply
Please visit our website at https://siloamhealth.org to view the job description and find application instructions.
- Date Posted: February 20, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)