Staff Development Coordinator
As part of the organization’s mission, Cumberland Heights maintains a commitment to professional excellence. It is recognized that a program of staff development is essential to this goal. For that reason, personnel in all areas of the organization are involved in staff development activities. Staff development is a function of the organization’s Human Resources and Quality Management Service. The Staff Development Coordinator is responsible for assessing, developing, implementing, and evaluating an initial and ongoing program of training to support the efficient functioning of staff and management at Cumberland Heights. This position also serves as the organization’s liaison with the various universities who utilize Cumberland Heights as a clinical practicum and/or intern placement site. The Staff Development Coordinator reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Conducts learning needs assessments in conjunction with clinical, human resources and quality management supervisors for specific areas of the organization, as well as the organization as a whole;
- Facilitates the creation, implementation, and evaluation of an initial orientation for new employees;
- Facilitates the creation, implementation, assigning and evaluation of an ongoing program of staff training to meet compliance requirements, as well as to improve and maintain staff skills and competence;
- Maintains documentation of staff trainings to ensure compliance;
- Creates and conducts on-line and classroom training presentations, according to areas of expertise in conjunction with the Events Coordinator and other clinical supervisors;
- Coordinates and maintains the organization’s accreditation as an approved provider for continuing education for professional organizations;
- Serves as liaison with university staff and students who are involved with clinical practicum and/or intern placement with the organization; and
- Oversees onboarding and orientation process of student interns accepted for placement
- Coordinates and tracks clinical supervision of employees working toward licensure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Post-Secondary education required with Bachelor’s preferred. Minimum of three years of experience in healthcare position which included training responsibilities with behavioral healthcare experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to engage people in an adult learning process in small or large groups. Demonstrated ability to communicate at a college level or above in both verbal and written forms. Expert Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent organizational and analytic skills, including attention to detail.
Ability to lift 20 lbs; ability to speak, hear, see, and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; excellent interpersonal skills,; excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail; ability to present effectively to large and small groups, in a variety of settings; ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel; excellent organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; ability to easily and accurately learn specialty software; If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with five years preferred; active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to occasional evening and weekend work and occasional travel
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Please visit our website @cumberlandheights.org
- Date Posted: April 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education