Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with non-profit experience. The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Director with the day-to-day financial tasks related to payroll, agency payments, accuracy of General Ledger entries, grant invoices and draws, and additional related tasks to insure accurate and timely financial information.
SPECIFIC DUITES OF THE JOB:
1. Preparation and processing of correct and timely semi-monthly payroll, including;
a. Entry of all Employee Payroll related changes into payroll software;
b. Maintaining leave records and review timesheets for non-Head Start employees;
c. Maintaining payroll records;
d. Preparation of payroll entry for General Ledger.
2. Review vouchers for accuracy.
3. Process weekly check runs and schedule check signing.
4. Prepare void checks when necessary.
5. Assist Finance Director with various Board reports.
6. Review Agency Admin purchase requests for coding.
7. Process supply orders.
8. Manage usage of Corporate credit cards and Agency vehicles.
9. Prepare weekly Head Start and related grant Federal draws.
10. Prepare backup and invoices for State grants.
11. Reconcile client benefits monthly.
12. Maintain Non-Head Start inventory records.
13. Prepare employee benefit related bills.
14. Prepare journal entries.
15. Bi-weekly bank deposits.
16. Set up and maintain current vendor w-9 files, which includes requesting up to date W-9s from vendors when needed and entry into accounting software system.
17. Maintain petty cash for Corporate office.
18. Complete tax exemption requests.
19. Calculate monthly indirect allocations.
20. Complete requests for employment or compensation verification in conjunction with HR.
21. All other duties assigned by supervisor.
1 Project a positive attitude and exhibit professionalism when communicating with funding partners, agency Board, staff, customers, and the general public at the office, in our communities or while traveling.
2 Serve as a role model for colleagues, staff, customers, and community partners by exhibiting integrity
3 Obtain a working knowledge of and comply with all Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Personnel Policies and Accounting & Financial Policies and Procedures.
4 Understand, accept, implement and promote Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency Mission Statement, program goals, philosophy, and objectives.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. The CPA credential is a plus. The position requires 2+ years’ experience in a non-profit and/or governmental organization, or direct experience with CAA programs or these organizational types. A combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered for the position.
100% Employee Medical Insurance paid by employer, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life insurance, annual leave, sick leave.
How to Apply
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. This employer participates in E-Verif
- Date Posted: July 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/14/2020
- Salary Range: 41,000-48,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00 am-4:30 pm