Thistle Farms is a nonprofit social enterprise based in Nashville, TN, dedicated to
helping women survivors recover and heal from trafficking, prostitution, and addiction.
We provide a safe place to live, a meaningful job, and a lifelong sisterhood of support.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting all aspects of the finance
department. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this person works as an integral part
of a small team comprised of accounting professionals and women survivors.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
● Process financial transactions
● Record contributions and cash receipts to the general ledger
● Review accounts payable
● Maintain and record fixed assets
● Manage monthly & quarterly sales tax filings
● Review merchant payments and reconcile to bank statements
● Post payroll journal entries
● Interface with Development staff to reconcile donor records and aging
● Work with the manufacturing team to reconcile month-end inventory and COGS
to the general ledger
● Interface with the wholesale team to record and reconcile receivables
● Reconcile and prepare schedules for general ledger accounts as part of the
monthly closing process
● Assist in the processing of various financial reports and statements
● Support the Director of Finance with projects and tasks as they arise
● Support the budgeting and year-end closing process, including assisting with the
● Solid knowledge of accounting principles with a minimum of 1 year accounting
experience, including GL reconciliations
● Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Accounting
● Ability to pass a standard bookkeeping test
● Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage ad-hoc
projects while meeting routine deadlines
● Critical and strategic thinking
● Ability to work both independently and with a group
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic accounting systems and Google Drive
● Proficiency in Excel spreadsheets required
● Experience working with a manufacturing company a plus
● Sense of humor a plus
● Integrity in words and actions
● Patience working with women survivors in a trauma-informed work environment
● Passion for a commitment to Thistle Farms mission, purpose, and values
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, PTO, paid holidays, and employee discounts.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Renee Wood at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: February 20, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/15/2020
- Salary Range: $20-23/hr
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk