Adventure Science Center
Sr. Manager of Major Gifts
Adventure Science Center
Adventure Science Center’s purpose is to transform lives through extraordinary experiences in science and innovation, and our vision is to become a nationally renowned destination science center. ASC provides powerful exhibitions and inspiring programs with exceptional guest experiences that deepen the engagement of all ages in science and science-related disciplines.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Sr. Manager of Major Gifts identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospects to secure $750,000 or more annually. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. This position is expected to work with influential leaders in our community, energize team members, persuade prospects and exhibit a high level of perseverance through the completion of all goals and projects.
- Secure gifts primarily in the range of $1,000 – $25,000
- Manage a portfolio of 150 prospects and donors including individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Work independently and collaboratively with the Museum’s Board, Senior Leadership, and key staff members
- Solicit major gifts through meetings via face-to-face, telephone, or online conference appointments, as well as personalized mailings, in order to obtain first-time or increased major donor contributions.
- Ensure gift entry and acknowledgment is completed, including thank you letters, annual report lists, donor wall, and other areas of recognition
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) or similar professional certification
- Minimum of 7-10 years fundraising experience preferred
- A proven track record of success working with individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Proven ability to effectively cultivate strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including Board members, donors, and staff
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Word Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, and Raiser’s Edge (Altru) or other CRM/fundraising software
- Ability to solicit major gifts through meetings via face-to-face, telephone, or online conference appointments, as well as personalized mailings, in order to obtain first-time or increased major donor contributions
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for the value of museums, informal science education, and the vital role of philanthropy to a non-profit institution
Adventure Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are proud to offer a quality, full time benefits program with comprehensive medical, dental and vision packages that include company paid life insurance, two weeks of paid vacation, 10 days of holidays and more.
How to Apply
This is intended to be a job ad providing information of a general nature and level of work to be performed. This position profile should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
We are playful and passionate experimenters
We think big, embrace risk, and evolve our ideas in order to lead.
We are collaborative with each other and our whole community.
We foster diversity, curiosity and creativity to make our experience unique.
Qualified candidates will go through an application process, interview process and must successfully complete a background check.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet qualifications, submit a cover letter (outlining experience and how it relates to the job description), resume and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submission required for all materials. To expedite processing, please reference the position title in the subject line of your message. No phone calls please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Adventure Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Date Posted: February 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 40 hr/wk; M-F 8:30-5:00