Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Sr. Housing Program Coordinator WP/LIHEAP
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
SENIOR HOUSING PROGRAM COORDINATOR – WAP & LIHEAP
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Community Programs
Reports to: Housing Programs Manager – Energy
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 34
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,091
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads in administering and monitoring the federally-funded Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads coordination of assigned programs, including program design, contract issuance, payment review, and grant closeout.
- Prepares related contracts and contract attachments.
- Leads the payment process for assigned programs.
- Reviews payment requests for compliance; authorizes payments; processes grantee pay requests.
- Reviews and interprets federal and state policy and recommends actions to Manager and Division Director.
- Assists in preparation of the annual federal application for WAP and LIHEAP.
- Provides technical assistance to grantees.
- Evaluates grantee progress and needs; implements LIHEAP and/or WAP Training and Technical Assistance based on those evaluations.
- Reviews and approves program monitoring reports for LIHEAP.
- Develops program manuals, program descriptions, and policies.
- Analyzes and reviews state and federal statutory and regulatory policies as they relate to assigned programs.
- Prepares required reports for submission to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Department of Energy or other entities as assigned.
- Enters data into and generates reports from federal and state mandated tracking systems.
- Prepares policy clarifications and revisions and presents to Director or Program Manager.
- Researches specific policy issues as requested by the Director or Program Manager.
- Coordinates implementation of Division workshops relevant to assigned program areas, including leading and moderating discussions and making presentations on relevant topic areas.
- Assists in the training of new staff and partner agency personnel.
- Works collaboratively within and across Divisions to support implementation of assigned programs and other Division programs.
- Identifies best practices and recommends to Manager and Division Director new approaches and resources to achieve Division goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; relevant post-high school certification, especially a Bachelor degree, preferred.
- Two years of experience in the administration of a housing weatherization or energy efficiency program or a federal assistance program; interpreting, evaluating and implementing housing policy; and/or managing state or federal grants.
- Experience in the administration of the Federal WAP and/or LIHEAP programs is preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of energy efficiency standards and WAP technical requirements or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Knowledge of LIHEAP policies and procedures or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Experience with the implementation of federal, state, or local energy efficiency programs is preferred
- Skill in grant administration is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with agency staff and the public in giving and obtaining information.
- Treats people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Computer literate: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $4,091