Nashville Rescue Mission
Sr. Director of Executive Projects and Strategic Initiatives
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Senior Director of Executive Projects and Strategic Initiatives to join our team. Are you the right person?
The Senior Director of Executive Projects and Strategic Initiatives is a key individual contributor and team member of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership for executive-level projects. The Senior Director is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating key projects and overseeing the day-to-day administrative and operational activities through effective project management. The Senior Director works with both internal and external stakeholders and partners to successfully set and meet project milestones in order to meet the goals set forth by President/CEO. The position reports directly to the President/CEO.
Must have a sincere interest in the values and ministry of Nashville Rescue Mission and must value attention to detail. The primary role of this position is to support the President/CEO by performing a variety of tasks ranging from routine to complex administrative duties, including oral and written communications and special projects. The Senior Director supervises the Executive Assistant to provide clerical and office duties, maintain business contacts, calendar, meetings, and travel. The Senior Director of Executive Projects must maintain a high level of personal initiative and confidentiality.
- Represents the President/CEO of Nashville Rescue Mission in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence.
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership for executive-level projects involving the President/CEO.
- Develops project overviews and guidelines and manages project administration and timelines.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on projects overseeing project development, completion and implementation.
- Drafts project communications and review summaries to the President/CEO.
- Responsible for maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships with Mission internal and external partners.
- Coordinates all Board of Directors and committee meeting activity to include taking minutes, as directed by the President/CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of Project Management and Administrative/Executive Assistant, experience desired, prefer Executive level.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience is preferred.
- Excellent skills in all Microsoft and Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publishing).
- Self-starter and independent worker while maintaining a team approach to challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- High degree of professional independence, initiative and self-discipline.
- Excellent public and interpersonal relations skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Past experience with a nonprofit organization a plus.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Experience in basic office management and organization.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive, possesses a valid drivers license and reliable personal transportation.
- Flexibility to complete non-routine assignment.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor software a plus.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee. We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, up load your resume at Nashville Rescue Mission Careers or email your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: July 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing