Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Speech Language Pathologist Bilingual
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
We’re based in Murfreesboro, TN, Christ-focused, and ready to serve each family that comes through our doors. We’re professionals who are trained and licensed, but first, we’re Christ followers with a God-sized mission that is only met through Him. Special Kids offers professional services to children ages birth to 21 ranging from children who simply need a little extra help, children who are medically fragile, to all sorts of diagnoses in between. Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) at Special Kids have opportunities for team collaboration as well as collaboration with other disciplines, including occupational therapists, physical therapists, recreational therapists, and nurses. SLP’s at Special Kids have access to engaging therapy materials and testing instruments. Provides speech and language therapy services to children from birth to age 21 with a variety of diagnoses and developmental delays by performing the following duties; provides translation services for Spanish speaking patients and families. Full time, 32 hours per week, paid time off and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses language skills in both English and Spanish.
- Acts as a liaison between English speaking staff (therapy and administrative) and Spanish speaking families, translating a variety of documents as necessary.
- Diagnoses and evaluates speech and language skills and provides treatment to children with a variety of communication disorders, diagnoses, and developmental delays.
- Programs and provides instruction on the use of AAC devices.
- Coordinates participation in multi-sensory, educational, functional, and social activities designed to help patients develop or regain abilities/function.
- Selects constructive activities suited to the patient’s physical capacity, comprehension level, and interest to upgrade the individual to maximum independence.
- Prepares patients for school and/or daily living and assisting in the restoration or development of functions.
- Instructs patients and families in treatment procedures for best carryover in multiple environments.
- Maintains accurate and timely patient reports and documentation in electronic medical records.
- Reviews individual files to obtain background information prior to evaluations to determine appropriate tests to administer and to ensure that all necessary information is collected.
- Administers, scores, and interprets evaluation reports in order to develop and modify an individualized treatment plan.
- Reviews treatment plan, and assesses individual performance to modify, change, or write new goals.
- Consistently maintains high patient care productivity by working closely with Patient Services.
- Maintains an awareness of the patient attendance policy, enforcing it impartially and consistently at all times.
- Acts as a consultant to educational, medical, and other professional groups as well as fellow staff members.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to incorporate speech and language goals into daily activities.
- Researches and implements new speech therapy techniques.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
- Refers patients for other services, whether internal or external, as warranted and appropriate.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree in Communication Disorders or Speech-Language Pathology with related experience and/or training. Fluency in reading/speaking/writing both English and Spanish required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and web-based application such as electronic medical records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Active and unencumbered Tennessee State SLP license, Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA, CPR certification.
- Servant’s heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.
benfits and time off.
How to Apply
Please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/394344
- Date Posted: November 16, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)