Jobs for Tennessee Graduates
Specialist Hickman County
Jobs for Tennessee Graduates
PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS: Manages the Jobs for Tennessee Graduate Program (JTG) activities at East Hickman High School in Lyles, TN and Hickman County High School in Centerville, TN to help prevent the dropout of at-risk and disadvantaged high school students, to motivate them to graduate and upon graduation, assist them with the transition from school to either the work force, military or post-secondary education combined with employment. The position is termed “specialist” by Jobs for America’s Graduates. Applicants MUST have any secondary endorsement (Tennessee Teachers License).
GENERAL ATTENDANCE: Attendance requirements are from 8:00 am -4:30 pm Monday through Friday (unless otherwise stated for part-time and temporary employees).
- Responsible for recruiting appropriate students for participation in the program.
- Teach required Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) curriculum. www.jag.org
- Provide or arranging personal tutoring services for students who need it.
- Monitor student progress, complete necessary paperwork, maintain student files, and maintain the JAG database through ensuring accurate and timely data entry and reporting.
- Consult with guidance counselors on student issues and meet with teachers, counselors and parents of students as needed.
- Must be reasonably available to students after hours and maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Responsible for assisting students with job search and job development and contacting prospective employers regarding employment for students upon graduation.
- Conduct monthly follow up for 12 months after planned graduation date per the JAG model and enter all data in the E-NDMS (National Data Management System)
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Any Secondary Endorsement (Tennessee Teacher’s License)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good oral and written communications skills.
- Good knowledge of and contacts within the employer community required.
- Good organization skills, administrative skills, and attention to detail is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required at times to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. For a more complete listing of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) minimum qualifications standards required to perform essential job functions, right click here and select “open hyperlink”.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Compensation is scaled depending on level of education and work experience
- If a JTG employee, annual salary is bi-monthly for 12 months
- JTG also offers BlueCross BlueShield Health Insurance
- If a school district employee, specialist may keep all current benefits
How to Apply
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions please call John Dwyer at 615 289-1703 or use email above.
- Date Posted: March 23, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 07/12/2021
- Salary Range: $36,000 - $45,000
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00am - 2:00pm