Special Programs Case Renewal Specialist
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
|• Responsible for reviewing individual applicant applications (i.e.: Breast and Cervical Cancer, Former Foster Care, Children leaving Foster Care, and Emergency Medical Services and enrollee income, resources and other technical elements
• Register applications as needed
• Process Special Programs maintenance tasks and make changes to Special Programs cases. This includes priority task from DCS i.e.: Children entering foster care
• Monitor queues and production
• Process reports to maintain accurate member caseloads
• Trouble shoot and respond to inquiries regarding member eligibility.
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills, interpretation of public policy, and problem solving
• Use proprietary computer-based systems to perform work duties
• Respond to emails, telephone calls, and other correspondence in a timely fashion
• Work in a systemic manner in partnership with vendor staff, internal customers, and external stakeholders to provide services and support to a shared client base. This will require verbal and/or electronic communications with the vendor, internal customers and outside organizations and stakeholders to obtain or share information regarding applicant/enrollee circumstances regarding eligibility and to solve eligibility related issues
• Be adept at dealing with ambiguity
• Manage time and attendance
• Prioritize tasks
• Make corrections on cases that have identified errors and perform case reviews as needed to provide additional to management and other stakeholders
• Request guidance and/or training in areas of uncertainty or knowledge deficiency and participate in required training
• Exercise professional judgment to know when to escalate a concern or issue
• Remain up to date on new policies and procedures as they are implemented in order to ensure accurate eligibility determination.
• Attend Staff meetings with peers and one on one meetings with superiors
• Ensure accurate and clear communications
• Explain eligibility for benefits and services
• Interpret policy and procedure in relation to the enrollee’s circumstances to ensure the member or applicant’s understanding
• Communicate the enrollee/applicant’s responsibilities to the enrollee/applicant in a way that is easily understood and ensure the enrollee/applicant’s understanding.
• Mentor new and less experienced employees/staff/co-workers to ensure understanding of information/processes, as required.
• Conducts or leads in training as required to ensure continual learning and current knowledge related to the managed care field.
• Strive to improve professional skills and knowledge through continuous learning to better support peers and customers.
See link to job posting below.
For more information about the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees; click here: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
Please go to https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html. Search by “job title” or by “TennCare” to see all of our current job opportunities. Apply today!
- Date Posted: November 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government