Special Events Coordinator
FiftyForward is seeking a highly motivated, creative self-starter interested in an opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment to join our team!
As the full-time Special Events Coordinator at FiftyForward you will organize, coordinate, and direct all special events to meet engagement and revenue goals in support of the mission of FiftyForward.
The Special Events Coordinator plays a vital role in FiftyForward’s mission to support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. As a member of the Development team, the Event Coordinator will develop and implement a system for producing excellent in-person, virtual, and hybrid events from start to finish.
- In collaboration with the development team, creates annual calendar of special events/fundraisers.
- Plans, organizes, manages, and directs all aspects of general operating events including pre and post event activities.
- Reaches revenue goals and manages overall event budget in collaboration with the development team.
- Manages all aspects of event ticketing and sponsorships.
- Set and reaches goals for event attendance.
- Manages all event details through web-based event platform.
- Negotiates contracts and serves as liaison with event vendors.
- Determines volunteer needs for events and coordinates with Volunteer Engagement Director.
- Manages all aspects of event promotional materials.
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing and Social Media Manager in the development of social media marketing strategies.
- Under guidance of the Development Director and CEO, designs, launches, and manages new special event models as needed.
- Provide support to all centers and programs on their signature special events.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for the mission of FiftyForward
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven track record of event planning
- Demonstrated support of equity and inclusion of all individuals
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet event goals with excellence
- Exceptional oral and written communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail
- High-school diploma with at least 2 years of experience in event planning; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field preferred
Other important information you should know:
- Position is full time; non-exempt; 40 hours a week with full benefits
- The successful candidate must be willing to take the COVID-19 vaccine unless an accommodation is required by law
Full benefits package available including:
- Health, dental and vision
- Life insurance and long term disability
- 401k plan
- Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
- Generous vacation and sick leave package
- Hybrid remote schedule
How to Apply
Apply at FiftyForward.org
- Date Posted: June 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm