Special Events and Strategic Partnerships Coordinator
In this role, you will be instrumental in developing and implementing various fundraising strategies to sustain and grow revenue that will enable Nashville CARES to further our mission of ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Middle Tennessee through education, advocacy, and support for those at risk for or living with HIV. Your creativity and organizational skills will assist CARES in the successful planning and implementation of special events. You will also have the opportunity to network and build relationships with existing and potential donors to solicit support and sponsorships.
- Oversee the creation, planning and implementation of six major annual events and other events as needed. This will include establishing and managing a comprehensive project plan, adhering to established timelines and budgets and working closely with the Development team, event co-chairs, volunteers, and sub-committees to ensure successful events that meet defined goals.
- Research, recommend, negotiate and contract with external vendors for event execution.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to develop multi-level/media messaging for all events
- Ensure all constituents receive pre and post event communications in a timely manner.
- Monitor fundraising progress through the development of evaluations and reports of event results.
- Maintain understanding of CARES’ goals and initiatives to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Research new partnerships with corporate funders in coordination with CEO and Development Director.
- Develop and analyze data to report on fundraising progress and donor prospecting.
- Develop and present Sponsorship and Partnership proposals.
- Lead private non-profit partnerships to cultivate stronger connections for Nashville CARES and external stakeholders.
- Promote Fund Development initiatives to enhance donor/partner engagement on all media platforms.
- Support development and implementation of a Fund Development Plan, to include:Alignment with agency goals for major gifts, campaigns, sponsorships, workplace, civic/faith giving and foundation grants
- New/potential donor research, cultivation, solicitation, and closure activities
- Strategies to deepen existing donor relationships
- Support and coordinate major gifts with the Director of Development
- Develop and implement direct-response appeals
- Work with Development Director on developing annual fundraising targets.
- Network with community and business leaders to promote Nashville CARES.
- Input and track donor and gift data utilizing CARES’ CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in non-profit event planning and execution.
- Minimum 2 years’ grant writing experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Energetic, innovative, creative self-starter, problem solver and results oriented individual able to work within a budget and timeline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other relevant software.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for agency related business.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency with core social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube in a workplace setting.
- Familiarity with Nashville event landscape, venues, vendors and attendance patterns.
- Knowledge of fundraising software such as Bloomerang.
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor service contracts.
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for individuals with enhanced, buy-up plans available with employee contribution with discounted family coverage available
- 27 Paid Time Off Days during 1st year of employment with increases annually based on length of service up to 37 days at 10 years of service
- 12 Paid Holidays Annually
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 403b plan
- More . . .
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services