Southeast Regional Director
The Regional Director position will work to implement the Tennessee Strategy for Suicide Prevention and serve as a subject matter expert for all things suicide prevention in their specific region.
You are a great fit for this role if you are able to motivate others and yourself, engage community volunteers, work as a team member, value cultural differences, resolve conflicts, and display genuine interest in working with at-risk persons and with people who want to make an impact on suicide prevention in Tennessee. The right candidate will possess excellent self-care routines, be compassionate and have empathy for those that have been affected by suicide. Public speaking engagements are highly regular; in this role, you should be able to present clearly the curricula of TSPN to a variety of audiences.
- Oversee and implement TSPN projects and strategies in collaboration with TSPN Advisory Council Regional Chair
- Promote regional suicide prevention activities
- Coordinate volunteer activities and increase volunteer engagement in their region
- Coordinate at least one regional event during Suicide Prevention Awareness Month (September)
- Assist with the development and distribution of educational materials approved by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Oversee and facilitate training sessions involving suicide prevention training curricula supported by TSPN for populations identified in grants
- Coordinate gatekeeper and lethality assessment training using curricula supported by TSPN
- Provide general information and education about suicide prevention to targeted groups as requested
- Develop and disseminate regional mental health resources and other information/items to promote access to mental health services
- Present to professional conferences, trainings, and in-services to provide suicide prevention workshops curricula supported by TSPN
- Assist with postvention operations at schools, businesses, and other agencies affected by recent suicide deaths
- Prepare reports as necessary and required by Central office
- Participate in new directives and initiatives as directed by Central Office
- Accurately and efficiently report all outcomes
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with other organizations, councils, coalitions, and other stakeholders
- Ensure any new materials, trainings, or other products of TSPN are approved by the TN Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, public health, or related field
- Experience in public health and/or mental health preferred; experience in suicide prevention and/or crisis intervention a plus
- Applicants with equivalent experience will be considered where personal qualities, experience, and proven success is demonstrated
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid license and current insurance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- MS Office
- Constant Contact
- Public speaking
Generous benefit package including health, dental, disability and life insurance, 13 paid holidays per year and Simple IRA.
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: August 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk;