Employment status: Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Hours per week: 20-25
Reports to: Senior Behavioral Health Consultant
Task Supervisor: Melrose Social Worker
Location: Antioch, TN
Siloam Health’s mission is to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care. Our patients come from more than 80 countries and speak over 70 languages. Siloam’s approach to medical care provides a unique, interdisciplinary model of whole-person health care that addresses the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual determinants of health. Our staff is anchored by a multicultural primary care team that serves alongside roughly 300 volunteer interpreters, doctors, nurses, and other licensed medical specialists each year to provide comprehensive health care to Nashville’s most vulnerable.
The primary objective of the social worker is to function as part of a multidisciplinary team working to address the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of Siloam’s patient population.
- Conduct biopsychosocial assessments on new and existing patients when referred by clinicians, nurses, Behavioral Health Consultants (BHC), and other team members.
- Conduct social work/social determinants of health screenings with patients, and make appropriate referrals as indicated.
- Provide social work consultations as needed during medical visits when referred by a clinician, nurse, BHC, Director of Spiritual Care, or volunteer provider.
- Assist patients in obtaining community resources and make community referrals as necessary.
- Work in tandem with community partners to address patients’ needs.
- Compile, maintain, and update community resource information for SHA patients.
- Make referrals to Siloam Health Antioch BHC for patients with mental and behavioral health needs/concerns.
- Make referrals to the Director of Spiritual Care for patients with spiritual/prayer needs.
- Stay abreast of prevalent trends affecting the delivery of social work services (i.e., malpractice coverage, HIPAA, confidentiality, and clinical protocols).
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Work alongside any graduate-level students completing social work field placements at Siloam and provide task supervision.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
We value having an experienced team to provide whole-person care for our patients. We are looking for someone who:
Education and Experience
- Master of Social Work degree and at least 1-2 years of experience working in the field preferred.
- Current and valid LMSW licensure in the State of Tennessee is required.
- Experience working in a medical setting is preferred.
- Experience working in a multicultural setting is preferred.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values.
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with little direction.
- Working knowledge of resources available in Middle Tennessee and surrounding areas.
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box when looking for resource options for patients.
- Ability to recognize persons in need of crisis, mental health, or substance use resources.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records, including thorough and timely documenting in the EMR.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity.
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish or English/Arabic).
Siloam Health is committed to caring for staff in the same excellent manner as we care for patients by providing the following benefits to our part-time staff:
- Simple IRA with employer match up to 3%
- Flexible schedule
- Limited weekends
- Consistent schedule
- Diverse team and patient population
Please Note: This position is only available for three years but may continue based on grant approval.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: October 23, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk