Rooftop Nashville is a non-profit that assists with rent and mortgage payments for residents of Davidson County. Rooftop is currently seeking a self-motivated social worker to work within a small staff. The Social Worker position will work with individuals who are seeking financial assistance with rent or mortgage by screening individuals to assess current needs and determine eligibility. This position requires someone to have familiarity with local and federal resources and can make appropriate referrals.
● Conduct screenings and follow-up phone calls to assess applicants needs and eligibility for financial assistance.
● Demonstrate competency in working with community partners and ability to make appropriate referrals for applicants
● Self motivated and able to work independently while remaining organized and meeting deadlines
● Document applicant information collected from assessment within the appropriate systems and within a timely manner.
● Demonstrate excellent phone etiquette while speaking with applicants, social services agencies, landlords, etc.
● Willingness to provide feedback and discussion within a small organization
● Preferred BSW with one year experience or college degree with 3 years experience in social services setting
● Strong communication skills- written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
● Proficiency in basic computer skills and data tracking and management
● Ability to collaborate well with others and be a strong team player
Rooftop plans to add medical and retirement benefits to our employment package in 2023.
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: July 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/05/2022
- Salary Range: 40,000-43,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-Th 8am -5pm, F 8am-noon