The counseling program is designed to support the mental health of the students and their
Families at Rocketown. Within the counseling program, the social worker will be expected to organically create
and provide opportunities for youth to feel safe and ultimately comfortable to talk about their lives and any issues
that may impact their ability to succeed. It will then be up to the social worker to make referrals as needed to
individual counseling and or other programs or organizations that can support them.
- Social Worker will make referrals
- Social Worker will be responsible for following confidentiality requirements
- Social Worker will work with the Program Manager to form a family engagement program
- Social Worker will work to connect youth and families to area services as needed
- Social Worker will assist in implementation of programs such as healthy meal plan and others.
- Social Worker will be responsible for working with the Program Manager at Rocketown on grant reports
- Social Worker will assist with small groups at Rocketown; working with Program and Outreach team to create
- Problem-solving and management through stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Be in full agreement with mission, vision, and core values of Rocketown.
- Strong understanding of youth cuture.
- Awarness and development of other agency to help teens in Metro Nashville.
- Core Competencies
- Outgoing personality, not afraid to go out of your social comfort zone
- Willingness to be a leader and mentor
- Enjoy working with and engaging youth
- Commitment to being a team player
- Commitment to serve with integrity and humility
- Bachelor’s level or higher in counseling related field
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment
- Experience reflecting a strong ability to engage and relate to teenagers and young adults
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
No benifits associated with this part-time position.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Donny Klostermeier at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: November 12, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 12/06/2021
- Salary Range: $16-$22/ hour
- Working Hours: 10-15 Hrs Weekly