Our Place Nashville
Our Place Nashville
Make a transformative difference in the daily lives of individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities who are living in affordable housing provided in an integrated, supportive environment. Our Place Nashville is seeking candidates for the position of social worker to join our management team and current Social Work team as we and the resident directors of our Friendship Houses help our residents – individuals with IDD and their neurotypical housemates –live independently with success. The position reports to the Executive Director (or if licensed or seeking licensure, to a Clinical Supervisor).
- Provides behavioral and/or mental health assessments to determine safety risks, existing supports, and needed supports.
- Communicate with OPN’s inter-professional team to gather history and develop plans.
- Implements person-centered practices and utilizes strengths-based perspective.
- Demonstrates understanding of the possible meaning of behaviors.
- Facilitates discussion in order to identify an individual’s motivations and goals.
- Utilizes family systems theory and understanding of cultural implications for planning best communication with individuals and families.
- Identifies community resources to meet an individual’s needs.
- Communicates effectively with individuals, families, and OPN staff to help them access and navigate services.
- Keeps and stores records according to OPN protocols.
- Works with Associate Director to identify topics and possible instructors for Monday night life skills classes and help facilitate/teach life skills class weekly.
- Provides some evening or weekend hours for meetings and consultations. This is rare and will vary from month to month.
- Communicate with the Resident Directors regarding resident needs, and step in to support by solving housemate conflicts or identifying resident needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work with at least two years of experience in the field or Master’s degree.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, their families, and other professionals who work with people with disabilities, is preferred.
- Experience working with adults of all ages with physical disabilities is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly to varied communication methods and levels of understanding.
- Access to use of own vehicle and willingness to drive to multiple sites around town.
Additional Benefits: Paid Federal Holidays and two weeks of paid vacation after 60 days of employment. Two weeks of family leave, with an additional four weeks unpaid leave if needed. Up to $500/month health insurance reimbursement. If a job candidate is seeking licensure, the cost of clinical supervision will be shared by Our Place Nashville.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume in one PDF file with your name as the file name to email@example.com with “Social Worker” in the email’s subject line. No phone calls, please.
- A substantive cover letter
- A resume no longer than 2 pages
- 2 professional references
- Writing samples may be requested
- Date Posted: November 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 01/03/2024
- Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000, depending on experience
- Working Hours: Usual work hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with some flexibility. Candidates must be able to work rare weekends and some evenings.