TN Performing Arts Center
Social Media Manager
TN Performing Arts Center
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture.
JOB TITLE: Social Media Manager
DEPARTMENT: Communication and Community Relations
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Public Relations
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Social Media Manager maintains TPAC’s online engagement across multiple platforms and supports ticket sales, fundraising, and other organizational goals with creative, relevant, and strategic content. Working closely across TPAC departments and with external entities, this position manages an online presence that is positive, engaging, contemporary, supportive of the arts community, and representative of TPAC’s core values. By balancing top-notch creative execution with marketing strategies and emerging trends, this position is an active, accurate, and valuable online voice that engages artists, patrons, educators, students, and more for TPAC.
- Work collaboratively to create, implement, and track online content that is accurate, relevant, and compelling on TPAC social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) and the TPAC News Center.
- Create a social-first agenda that drives discovery, awareness, and fan engagement in an increasingly digital and mobile patron experience.
- Support marketing, fundraising, education, and community engagement initiatives with a combination of organic and paid digital content while tracking ROI to inform new strategies.
- Support earned media efforts and brand journalism with advance and in-town multi-media content including cast interviews, Q&A’s, and more for social platforms, News Center, emails, and on-site video displays.
- Produce audio and video content serving as on-camera interviewer as needed and managing internships and other external sources for support.
- Encourage TPAC staff to support social media strategy by fostering culture of thoughtful, enthusiastic social engagement and providing convenient ways to participate in online efforts.
- Employ ongoing metric-driven approach to tracking and reporting on audience engagement to maintain growth strategy while keeping department informed about emerging platforms and technologies to keep content strategy relevant and efficient.
- Understand allocation of the TPAC budget designated for funding programs associated with this position’s responsibilities
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Innovation, creativity, and ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience with creating, scheduling, and implementing a consistent online voice across multiple platforms. Excellent verbal and written communication. Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access.
- Preferred: Analytical tracking and reporting, as well as knowledge of legal issues that arise from online activities. Familiarity with Facebook, Google, and Spotify Ad placement. Basic videography and photography skills Nikon camera and iPhone including comfort with audio and video editing.
- Encouraged: Graphic design. Bilingual capability.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, HootSuite, LibSyn, Canva, Zoom.
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent Functions: Working virtually and in an office environment. Lifting or transporting video or recording equipment to various locations for filming. Comfort with navigating backstage areas, including dressing rooms and various theater settings. Conducting interviews on camera or phone with show talent and interacting and communicating with show management. Nights and weekend required to attend opening night events or cover other events for social.
- Occasional Functions: Travel off site to filming locations including schools, restaurants, hotels, and tourist attractions. Out of state travel also may be required.
- First Six Months: Orientation about TPAC’s mission, programs, and policies. Tours of key theater and public spaces as available. Weekly meetings with the Communication and Community Relations team and other departments to develop a social calendar covering a return to live performances, health and safety information for patrons, and upcoming education programs. Working with supervisor, create and implement social strategies through Summer 2022.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Paid time: Vacation, Sick, Personal
Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, Life insurance
Remote work available
How to Apply
Go to our website: Careers at TPAC | Tennessee Performing Arts Center®
or go directly to our online application Recruitment (adp.com)
- Date Posted: April 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 05/10/2021