Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Social Media Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
The Social Media Manager is responsible for researching and creating informed campaigns that appeal to Habitat’s and the ReStore’s target audiences. Work with SVP of Marketing to provide attractive and informative written and visual content for the Nashville agency and Nashville ReStore. In addition to creating content, the Social Media Manager will monitor all social media content, track performance and keep up with technologies used in social media. Establish relationships with Habitat’s sponsors and volunteers to ensure marketing and social media objectives are being met for key partners. The Social Media Manager will ensure maximum consumer engagement across all social media platforms and attract other influencers to raise the visibility of the ReStore’s and Habitat’s mission.
Social media accounts tools include but are not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, HootSuite and YouTube. In addition, this position is responsible for a monthly ReStore newsletter, posting new arrival items on the Nashville ReStore website shopping page and helping with an overflow of marketing projects when needed. Familiarity with basics of photography, video, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a plus. This job does not have the capability to be done remotely.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Create and/or curate all social media content, including text, image, and video for the agency and Nashville ReStore location and support Wilson ReStore launch
- For the ReStore, post up to 10 shopping items on all social media platforms daily. When possible, interact with the customer base.
- Post sponsor and volunteer engagement at the Nashville build site on each build day utilizing hashtags and @ when possible for maximum exposure.
- Post volunteer engagements at the Nashville ReStore for maximum exposure.
- Monitor and interact with other groups who mention Habitat of Greater Nashville and its ReStores.
- Manage the Nashville ReStore website shopping page.
- Work with POS IT when installed to interface with social media and websites.
- Produce the monthly Emma newsletter for the ReStore
- When needed produce Emma communication for the agency
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Post daily on ReStore and Nashville agency social media sites
- Maintain the website ReStore shopping page
- Attend ReStore daily sales meetings to get information on volunteer groups and daily postings
- Be at the build site gathering sponsor content for Agency social media posts
- Write the monthly ReStore newsletter
- Build the base of social media followers on all platforms, helping to drive sales and recognize volunteer groups at the ReStore and to promote Habitat’s mission and those who support it on Agency channels
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in communications, business or public relations, preferred. One or more years as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role. Strong written, visual and content building skills.
Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
- Experience working with multiple social media sites
- Ability to produce written and visual content
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional at communications and building relationships
- Familiarity with the basics of photography and video
- Regular and reliable attendance required
- Job will require Saturdays on the build site and at the ReStore
- Understand SEO and web traffic data
TIME & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- This is a full time position, 40+ hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday ; comp time eligible.
- Volunteering at the build site as support to HFHGN mission.
- Satisfactory attendance is required.
- Position requires valid Driver’s license and insurable driving history.
Note: HFHGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a TN Drug Free Workplace.
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: October 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: 40+ hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday