Tennessee State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE)
Social Media Manager
Tennessee State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE)
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Social Media Manager will play a critical role in advancing SCORE’s mission by using social media and other communications tools to support advocacy and other organizational priorities. This individual will be responsible for creating compelling and engaging social media content, including short video content, for multiple accounts on multiple platforms; developing and executing social media campaigns; analyzing digital metrics to create strategies for increased reach and engagement; managing social media interactions and responses; developing and executing communications plans for special projects; and supporting digital content creation. This role requires superb writing and editing, creativity, strategic thinking, a focus on solutions, and a customer-oriented approach to interacting with team members and the public. Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, work collaboratively, and meet short deadlines while providing outstanding attention to detail.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Communications and work closely with the Communications Manager to ensure the organization’s strategic communications are best in class.
“The progress that our students have made in recent years is inspiring – there is no doubt that they are capable of achieving at high levels and leading Tennessee into a bright future. While education stakeholders are already working together in exciting ways in Tennessee, it is our responsibility to redouble our innovative efforts to ensure that we are supporting our students to truly excel and thrive. The future of our state depends on it.”
– Senator Bill Frist, Chairman and Founder, SCORE
Tennessee has been making significant progress in advancing a bold education reform plan over the last decade and is now a leader in the nation in dramatically improving student achievement. Tennessee is among the fastest improving states for student achievement according to the Nation’s Report Card.
While Tennessee has made significant gains, there is much still to do – in public K12 education, in college and career readiness, and in postsecondary completion. The State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE) plays a critical role in advancing student achievement, aligning K12 and postsecondary, and ensuring that all students can achieve career and life success. We work to monitor statewide progress in support of a prioritized agenda that drives collaboration across the state on policy while generating proof points and providing targeted support for implementation across the state.
SCORE is an independent, nonprofit, and nonpartisan organization founded by former US Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and is dedicated to the goal that that all students can achieve success in college, career, and life. SCORE supports student success in public schools across Tennessee by ensuring all schools and systems meet high expectations; preparing, recruiting, supporting, and retaining excellent teachers and leaders; and aligning K-12 and college with career and life success.
SCORE is based at Vanderbilt University’s John Seigenthaler Center. This role is eligible for hybrid work with the expectation of 15-20 hours per week in the office and the balance remote. For more information on SCORE, please visit www.tnscore.org.
Social media management
- Creating compelling and engaging social media content, including short video content and images content, for multiple accounts on multiple platforms
- Developing and executing social media campaigns
- Setting, tracking, and analyzing key performance indicators for social media
- Tracking and analyzing the impact of social media on other digital metrics
- Using appropriate metrics to create strategies for increased reach and engagement
- Managing social media interactions and responses
- Staying up to date on social media trends and adjusting content creation accordingly
- Staying up to date on platform options and recommending adjustments as warranted
Communications team member
- Developing and executing communications plans for special projects. These projects may involve work beyond social media, such as report editing and production and events support.
- Supporting digital content creation for the website and newsletters
- Coordinating with, supporting, and backing up the Communications Manager
Candidates must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing/communications/journalism or equivalent professional experience. Candidates must have two to three years of demonstrated success in marketing/communications, and experience in advocacy organizations is preferred. Experience with digital video production and a background in education policy or public policy will be helpful but is not required. Flexibility, teamwork, and high standards are essential for success in this position.
Candidates also are expected to:
- Be an excellent writer who can convey complex concepts in concise and compelling ways. Prior professional experience writing for advocacy, public relations, or public information preferred. Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style will be helpful but not required.
- Have a track record of success in creating a steady stream of engaging social media content for advocacy, a brand, or public information. Prior experience creating social media content for advocacy preferred.
- Demonstrate experience in innovative responses to social media opportunities
- Have a high level of proficiency with the social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Hootsuite or other content management systems, social media analytics, Google Analytics, and WordPress or other website platforms preferred.
- Be familiar with setting and analyzing key performance indicators for social media
- Understand the role of strategic communications to advance advocacy or build branding. Prior experience creating and/or executing communications strategies preferred.
- Demonstrate clear spoken communications
- Be committed to excellence and attention to detail and able to meet sometimes short deadlines
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapid-growth, high-intensity, highly collaborative, and intellectually demanding environment
- Be able to problem solve in the moment and pro-actively consult with other team members as appropriate
SCORE is committed to providing opportunities for professional growth by providing team members with feedback and opportunities to grow in their work.
SCORE offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
SCORE deeply values team members and their well-being and is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits plan. All full-time SCORE employees are eligible for benefits, including:
- Medical insurance, including access to a high-quality network with SCORE paying for most medical coverage costs; dental insurance options; vision insurance options; employer-paid disability, life insurance, and EAP benefits; access to Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) benefits.
- Eligibility for participation in a 401K program with employer match after one year of service.
- Paid parental leave time, including paternity, maternity, and adoption leave, available after six months of service.
- Paid time off, holiday office closures, and paid floating holidays.
- Free on-site parking.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SCORE, we are committed to creating a workplace where all team members bring their whole selves to work and thrive both personally and professionally. We deeply value collaboration, optimism, excellence, and innovation in our student-centered work and in how we work together and support each other as a team. We also believe that it is important for our team to reflect the rich diversity of students in Tennessee, and that we intentionally create space for diverse viewpoints to meaningfully contribute to our work.
SCORE is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application at this link. SCORE will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We recommend interested applicants apply as soon as possible.
- Date Posted: November 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 01/03/2022
- Working Hours: 40