YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Social Justice Senior Manager
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
This position is responsible for the management of YWCA racial and social justice, gender equity, and advocacy services. The Social Justice Sr. Manager ensures that programs advance the mission of the YWCA by educating staff and community members about issues related to advancing racial justice and gender equity. This role is on a team of individuals that publicly represent the YW and its mission.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with the leadership team, program staff and Sr. Director of Communications & Advocacy, and CEO.
Outside the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with program funders, community partners, Board of Directors, relevant board sub-committees, volunteers, and community leaders.
- Direct the development, planning, training, and implementation of diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and race relations programming internally and externally.
- In collaboration with the YWCA Advocacy Committee and YWCA Communications staff, assists with the development and implementation of an annual advocacy plan.
- Develops and implements metrics intended to measure and demonstrate the impact of the advocacy plan and related activities.
- Meets with elected officials, as needed, to educate on YWCA priorities.
- Facilitates programming and activities for the community including the ongoing evaluation and continuous program improvement.
- Identifies and secures engagements highlighting racial justice and gender equity.
- Stays abreast of changing needs of populations served and identifies opportunities to implement tailored racial justice, gender equity, and advocacy services.
- Educate and work with Board and staff (including newly hired staff) to understand and promote diversity, inclusion, and racial & social justice and to support the mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Develops relationships with appropriate professional organizations and community groups in partnership with relevant YWCA staff.
- Maintains tracking and reporting systems to provide statistical data as required by funding sources and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the Grants Team to secure grant funding. Ensures compliance with all funding source requirements, goals, and expectations.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand at appropriate community meetings and forums.
- In collaboration with program leaders, identifies and initiates improvements related to social justice programs and procedures.
- Ensures coordination of related volunteer programs, including training, supervising, and recognizing volunteers.
- Gathers and maintains a variety of diversity educational resources for employees, leadership teams, community partners, and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Policy, or a related field and a minimum of two to three years of relevant experience in a related field.
- Ability to carrying boxes with various weights up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to carrying materials to outreach events weighing 25lbs.
- Bending and standing for extending periods of time of 1-2 hours
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to speak concisely
The position requires the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and a clean driving record for the last three years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success in small and large group facilitation and public speaking.
- Possesses strong foundational knowledge of civic leadership and processes.
- Demonstrated success in program development.
- Ability to interact with a diverse background and social-economic level.
- Familiarity with the issue of racism and its effects on people of color.
- Demonstrated commitment to end racism and promoting gender equity.
- Demonstrated respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Demonstrated success relating to people of diverse backgrounds, including the LGBTQIA community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competency with MS Office and database management.
- Proven ability to be flexible and effectively manage change.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in group situations.
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: May 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk