YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Social Justice Manager
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
This position is responsible for the management of YWCA racial and social justice, gender equity and advocacy services. The Social Justice Sr. Manager ensures that programs advance the mission of the YWCA by educating staff and community members about issues related to advancing racial justice and gender equity. This role is on a team of individuals that publicly represent the YW and its mission.
Salary Range: $52,240/yr
- Direct the development, planning, training, and implementation of diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and race relations programming internally and externally.
- In collaboration with the YWCA Advocacy Committee and YWCA Communications staff, assists with the development and implementation of an annual advocacy plan.
- Develops and implements metrics intended to measure and demonstrate the impact of the advocacy plan and related activities.
- Meets with elected officials, as needed, to educate on YWCA priorities.
- Facilitates programming and activities for the community including on-going evaluation and continuous program improvement.
- Identifies and secures engagements highlighting racial justice and gender equity.
- Stays abreast of changing needs of populations served and identifies opportunities to implement tailored racial justice, gender equity and advocacy services.
- Educate and work with Board and staff (including newly hired staff) to understand and promote diversity, inclusion and racial & social justice and to support the mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Develops relationships with appropriate professional organizations and community groups in partnership with relevant YWCA staff.
- Maintains tracking and reporting systems to provide statistical data as required by funding sources and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the Grants Team to secure grant funding. Ensures compliance with all funding source requirements, goals and expectations.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand at appropriate community meetings and forums.
- In collaboration with program leaders, identifies and initiates improvements related to social justice programs and procedures.
- Ensures coordination of related volunteer program, including training, supervising and recognizing volunteers.
- Gathers and maintains a variety of diversity educational resources for employees, leadership teams, community partners and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Policy or a related field and a minimum of two to three years of relevant experience in related field.
- Ability to carrying boxes with various weights up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to carrying materials to outreach events weighing 25lbs.
- Bending and standing for extending periods of time of 1-2 hours
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to speak concisely
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success in small and large group facilitation and public speaking.
- Possesses a strong foundational knowledge of civic leadership and processes.
- Demonstrated success in program development.
- Ability to interact with a diverse background and social economic level.
- Familiarity with the issue of racism and its effects on people of color.
- Demonstrated commitment to end racism and promoting gender equity.
- Demonstrated respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Demonstrated success relating to people of diverse backgrounds, including LGBTQIA community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competency with MS Office and database management.
- Proven ability to be flexible and effectively manage change.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in group situations.
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
Eliminating racism and empowering women is the mission of the YWCA Nashville. Work with us and receive:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Medical
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Parental Leave
- 2 Floating Holidays
- Employer Paid Vision
- Employer Paid $25K Life
- Health Reimbursement
How to Apply
For faster consideration, please apply directly by clicking this link!
- Date Posted: October 5, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/05/2022
- Salary Range: 52,240.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk