The Contributor, Inc.
SOAR Case Manager
The Contributor, Inc.
We are hiring for a SOAR Case Manager to join our team! SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) is a model that helps individuals experiencing or at-risk for homelessness who have mental illness and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder or other medical impairments apply for Social Security disability benefits.
Responsibilities of the SOAR Case Manager include but are not limited to the following:
The SOAR Case Manager will report to the Director of Housing Initiatives. The SOAR Case Manager must be able to work in the community and meet homeless consumers where they are. This position requires a minimum of a 4 year degree in human services; at least 2 years of experience working directly with individuals experiencing homelessness who have mentally illness and/or are dually diagnosed; evidence of ongoing training and education in related areas such as mental illness, substance abuse, and/or homelessness; an ability to work in non-traditional settings and unstructured environments; and a valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record. The position requires someone who is organized but has an ability to prioritize tasks quickly. The SOAR Case Manager will participate in ongoing trainings offered through SAMHS-approved SOAR Technical Assistance Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the referral sources and community partners to identify candidates through team meetings, outreaches, and referrals
2. Initiate paperwork with participants as referred to program by filing initial documentation of representation with SSA office
3. Complete interviews with participants to gather information to complete SSI/SSDI applications
4. Gather medical records and other information to complete SSI/SSDI applications
5. Write SOAR Medical Summary Reports for consumer applications
6. Accompany consumers to appointments at the Social Security Administration
7. Coordinate visits to medical doctors, psychiatrists, and other specialists to obtain evidence for case.
8. Coordinate case management services with partners and help with providing case management services to consumers when needed
9. Assist the team with administrative tasks as needed
10. Under the Direction of Director of Housing Initiatives, Case Manager may obtain housing readiness documentation such as IDs, Social Security cards, Birth Certificates. income verification, as well as city bus passes and Lifeline phones.
11. Document all case notes in Contributor database and HMIS.
12. Perform shifts in vendor office as deemed necessary.
13. Attend staff meetings and trainings as necessary.
Position Qualification Requirements
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a one year of related experience
2. Evidence of ongoing training and education in related areas such as mental illness, substance abuse, and/or homelessness
3. SOAR Certification and minimum of one year of SOAR experience
4. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
5. Computer experience, including troubleshooting and problem solving and proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) and database management
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
7. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet frequent deadlines
8. Experience engaging with a diverse population and ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations
9. Possess an interest in social justice and have experience doing advocacy work for under-served populations
10. Good writing skills and the ability to analyze extensive data and create written reports with accuracy and brevity
11. Basic Knowledge of medical and psychiatric terminology and ability to write using same
12. Ability to maintain professional boundaries and engage a challenging population and in non-traditional work conditions
13. Experience with providing outreach and successful engagement to a diverse population, includes working with clients, developing trust and conducting interviews in non-traditional settings and unstructured environments
14. Possess a valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record.
15. Commitment to the mission of The Contributor
Position Work Conditions, include but are not limited to:
1. Frequent travel by foot, car or other means appropriate to making contact with population
2. Must be able to adjust to the environment of the target population including making visits to homeless encampments shelters and personal living environments when needed
3. Sitting for extended periods of time
4. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects
5. Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
6. Travel for the purpose of meeting with clients, training and collaborating with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management
MEANINGFUL work, because you make a difference in people’s lives!!!
How to Apply
Provide resume with cover letter to Cathy@thecontributor.org and copy Jesse@thecontributor.org
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/01/2021
- Salary Range: 38,000-40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs. Flexible