Site Supervisor (TN)
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Location: Waverly, TN
Department/Programs: Disaster Relief
Reports To: Construction Manager
Date: July 16, 2022
Summary: The position provides long-term recovery assistance, through home repairs, for survivors of disasters. The position is responsible for leading groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers in construction projects in disaster-impacted communities and working with Construction Managers when there are no volunteer teams to lead.
- Lead teams of staff and volunteers in residential construction projects, primarily interior work, interspersed with an occasional roofing project, ensuring positive experiences for volunteers and a high quality of work on the homeowner’s home.
- Train unskilled volunteers on how to safely use power tools, ladders, hand tools, and equipment (e.g., circular saw, miter saw, table saw, ladders, air compressor with pneumatic nailer, lifts, etc.)
- Provide daily safety orientation and ensure volunteers are utilizing the proper PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) at all times.
- Teach unskilled volunteers construction skills such as framing, installing drywall, mud, tape and sanding, installing floors and baseboards, installing doors and door casing, installing kitchen/bathroom cabinets, countertops and sinks, installing tubs, tub surrounds, and toilets.
- Ensure compliance with work scope and quality standards.
- Communicate tasks and expectations clearly to team members, providing adequate technical training and constructive feedback when necessary to ensure compliance with project safety and quality standards.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized worksite.
- Communicate material/tool needs to the Construction Manager regularly.
- Communicate daily work scope to the volunteers.
- Maintain a folder of emergency contacts for the volunteers and locations/phone numbers of community emergency services and facilities.
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer hours on the Daily Work Roster.
- Maintain accurate records of work accomplished and remaining work.
- Demonstrate and supervise the build of a roof mockup showing the proper installation of shingles for high wind conditions and the proper technique for tarping roofs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Financial Responsibilities: None.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Related Experience: Minimum of one-year experience overseeing residential construction in the US. Experience in leading teams of volunteers in a post-disaster environment or good teaching or people skills. OSHA 10 hour training certificate.
First Aid and CPR training.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems.
- Ability to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Driver’s Record check.
Work Environment/ Conditions:
- High-stress situations
- May require extensive travel
- May require driving on hazardous road conditions
- May require working in extreme heat or cold conditions
- Worksites (homes) may be substandard conditions.
- May require working in homes with mold, insects, rodents, and a high risk of injury.
All Employees of the organization are expected to:
- Act as an ambassador of and in accordance with the company’s Mission and Vision.
- Adhere to the company’s Team Handbook and policies.
- Demonstrate good judgment, and respect the confidentiality of company and personnel information.
- Deal professionally and courteously with all internal and/or external contacts.
- Deal professionally and compassionately with all homeowners and volunteers
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary in the performance of duties.
Benefits at a glance
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=51545&clientkey=CB88133EB20DD5151828F4B95483B0B7
- Date Posted: August 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 24.04/hour