Martha O'Bryan Center
Shuttle Driver (Part – Time)
Martha O'Bryan Center
The Shuttle driver has the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff, clients, and volunteers during transportation to local grocery stores, scheduled appointments, and to and from the Center. The Shuttle Driver frequently serves as a point of contact for MOBC families and works to build relationships and trust with clients. The Shuttle Driver is an active participant of the Family Success Network team, supporting its efforts through community outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment.
- Greet all clients with respect and kindness.
- Builds trusting relationships with East Nashville residents.
- Transport children, parents, staff, and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure that children are not left unsupervised.
- Provide daily sign-in sheets of clients being transported.
- Complete a daily checklist inspection at the beginning and end of shift.
- Make sure vehicle is always clean and in proper working condition.
- Determine and follow safe and efficient routes.
- Follow the Center guidelines for vehicle usage and safety protocols.
- Attend meetings and required trainings.
- Demonstrate work habits that comply with the Center personnel policy and procedures.
- Assist with other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current, valid driver license
- Training in Trauma-Informed Care (will provide)
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion for working with families.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Knowledge of cultural, social, and economic background of the population being served.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- A safe driving record within the past three years.
- Must be in good physical condition to do heavy lifting, standing and bending, and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be knowledgeable of street and highway routes and safety rules
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet. Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is a benefits elegible position.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Transportation