Show Hope Coordinator of Programs / Student Initiatives (Franklin, TN – Hybrid)
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing barriers to adoption.
The Coordinator of Programs supports the Director of Programs to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
This position will assist the leadership team in creating engaging and effective Student Initiative projects in environments ranging from middle school to college. The Coordinator of Programs sees students as change agents and will help student groups catch a vision for engaging adoption and foster care-related opportunities and challenges. In addition, this Coordinator will inspire students to use their voices, skills, and resources for children who are vulnerable.
- Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan, coordinating various tasks pertinent to assigned departments working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership, and Director of the department.
- Collaborate with department team directed by Director aligned with Executive Director and Leadership teams to promote, coordinate, and implement departmental initiatives.
- Represent department coordinating with other Show Hope departments and staff to support initiatives directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage all Student Initiatives related tasks.
- Recruit new student groups who will participate in Show Hope’s Pause Campaign.
- Coordinate all communication with Pause Campaign group leaders, students, and group sponsors.
- Assist Director of Programs in project ideation and execution of new resources and materials for Student Initiatives, to include the Pause Campaign and internship program.
- Supports Director of Programs and Director of Operations to maintain historical data, accurate record keeping, and provide ongoing maintenance of records/data as it relates to Show Hope’s Student Initiatives.
- Supports Director of Programs by providing content, reports, and impact stories regarding Student Initiatives for inclusion in board books for scheduled board meetings.
- Maintain Student Initiatives department budget, invoices, reimbursements, etc.
- Address all student-related inquiries for Show Hope.
- Support the Programs team in organizing events like the Hope for the Journey filming and Care Centers Legacy Connection Events, but to include other events as needed.
- Support the Programs team in Adoption Aid grant application process-related tasks as needed.
- Support the Director of Programs in exploring the viability of and launch of Show Hope’s short-term trips.
- Assist Director of Programs with administrative tasks related to short-term trips (after program re-launch), including a willingness to lead short-term trips aimed at engaging students, as needed.
- Represent Show Hope at various conferences or events as assigned.
- Provide insight to improve processes, communication, and collaboration for the organization.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in adoption or foster care related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (equivalent experience considered)
- Working knowledge of Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) preferred
- Prior experience working with students and coordinating volunteer efforts preferred.
- Prior experience in event planning preferred.
- Proficiency with at least one database platform preferred; experience with Salesforce considered a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications
- Highly resourceful team player with being effective independently.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Polished, professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Occasional travel as needed.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth