Martha O'Bryan Center
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Martha O'Bryan Center
MOBC’s accounting team is responsible for the ongoing financial health of the organization. This team oversees accounting processes and ensures that we are good stewards of our financial resources, to serve our community.
- Records and posts cash disbursements, cash receipts, and general ledger journal entries.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reporting.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met and assists with the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Prepares financial management reports as requested by the Accounting Manager and Chief Finance Officer.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Establishes and monitors the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assists financial audit preparation and coordinates the audit process along with Accounting Manager.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Analyzes and advises on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments, and future revenues.
- Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provides strategic recommendations and creates solutions to business and financial problems.
- Assists in the preparation of the organization’s annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Develop an intimate understanding of grant and funder finance requirements.
- Creates monthly billing and reports for all grants and contracts.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains fixed asset inventories and depreciation schedule.
- Assists in other areas of the accounting cycle when needed.
- Reconcile cash accounts.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems.
- 3 or more years of experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, and auditing.
- Strong grant billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP practices and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills; strong time management skills.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
This is a benefits-eligible position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click here.
- Date Posted: November 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk