Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Senior Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Reviews mortgage loan applications submitted by Originating Agents, assessing compliance/conformity with organization regulations and Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), United States Department of Agriculture/Rural Development (USDA/RD), Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) regulations and determining action to be taken; maintains on-going communication and relationships with lenders, realtors, consumers, etc.
- Reviews loan applications and Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) applications timely to determine conformity and compliance to insurer/guarantor and THDA’s guidelines; determines actions to be taken.
- Accurately reviews and determines household and qualifying income eligibility for potential homeowners for the Mortgage Revenue Bond (MRB) and Mortgage Backed Security (MBS) programs; works directly with OA regarding any inaccuracies with the income.
- Accurately verifies loan information in loan origination system, updates information if needed; reviews automated underwriting findings to verify accurate and complete documentation provided in the mortgage loan file; works directly with the lender regarding any deficiencies.
- Reviews application disclosures to ensure loan and timing meets CFPB, RESPA and other federal guidelines.
- Reviews appraisals to determine properties meet insurer/guarantor and THDA’s guidelines.
- Seeks guidance from the Mortgage Underwriting Manager and/or Director of Loan Operations as needed Maintains a high level of written and oral professional communication with Originating Agents to ensure accurate and timely receipt of all required documentation for a timely loan closing.
- Reviews outstanding/pended documentation in a timely manner; transmits commitments, purchase sheet and Enforceable Obligation Letter (if required) to lender Provides initial review of exception requests and obtains final approval from Manager and/or Director; including extension and/or modification of commitment requests.
- Manages pipeline in a timely manner to ensure closing deadlines and rate lock expirations are not exceeded.
- Works with leadership staff of SFLO in curing monthly quality control reviews; researching insurer/guarantor guidelines while working with lenders for deficiencies.
- Works with borrowers to obtain refinance documentation to review and approve MCC reissues.
- Establishes and maintains relationships by answering the General Information Underwriting Line or SFAsk email box, in a businesslike manner; subject matter expert providing technical program support to lenders, realtors, potential new Originating Agents, borrowers and other internal Divisions.
- Offers support to other areas in the division, as necessary or as time allows.
- Works closely with post-closing section to update commitments, review “at closing” conditions or resolve closing issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Two years of experience in mortgage underwriting or compliance required, three years preferred; Certified Residential Underwriter or delegated underwriting authority or mortgage compliance designation, preferred.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment.
- Recent employment in the mortgage banking field is required.
THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 31, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other