YWCA Nashville and Middle TN
Senior Director of Giving
YWCA Nashville and Middle TN
This position oversees all strategies and programs for individual donors under $5000. The position also manages some corporate prospects in the $1000 to $5000 range. Works closely with the Chief Development Officer to achieve fundraising goals and consistent mission and program messaging. This position manages a portfolio of 250 to 400 prospects to cultivate, ask and steward for their support of YWCA mission and programs.
- Manages the cultivation and development of current and prospect individual donors to build a pipeline for major gifts from individual donors
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards relationships with current and prospective individual donors $5000 and under.
- Writes, assembles, and submits individual funding requests, solicitation letters, acknowledgements, stewardship reports and presentations where applicable.
- Maintains calendar to ensure timely submission of funding requests.
- In collaboration with the CDO, develops growth strategy for new and current individual donors
- Manages YWCA annual giving programs and strategies with the goal of increasing number of donors, retention, and growing the recurring donor base.
- Serves as point staff person for Giving Tuesday, The Big Payback, and YW internal annual giving solicitations. Works with team members on message, and vehicles for asking. Works closely with the Development Specialist and Director of Donor Relations to execute and evaluate programs.
- Develops and implements strategy to retain and grow recurring donor numbers and dollars; sets annual goal and strategy to achieve that goal.
- Manages some corporate prospects under $5000 level to request their support of AWA, Wine Women & Shoes, and other YWCA events or activities. Works with Senior Director of Development and Marketing and Chief Development Officer on corporate strategy.
- Actively works to discover new prospects to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward through internal and external sources.
- Works with program directors on personalized strategy for annual solicitation and stewardship.
- Maintains up to data entries on donor interactions on Raiser’s Edge.
- Participates in internal development team meetings, and other organization meetings tied to giving.
- Maintains confidentiality of donors’ information and interactions.
- Represents YWCA with a high level of integrity and professionalism, and supports management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CDO and/or the President and CEO.
- Participates in overall department planning and analytics.
- Maintains a working knowledge and can articulate YWCA mission and programs verbally and in writing.
- Attends YWCA Board Development Committee and other YWCA and community meetings as requested.
Education and Experience
The position requires a bachelor’s degree and four to six years of relevant experience in the Nashville & Middle Tennessee market. Experience asking individuals and corporate representatives for financial support is required. Experience working with a database software program is requested and Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, volunteers
- Job performance will require the ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time; move between areas by walking; standing; stretching; reaching
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate
- Ability to work long hours, nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate needs
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
This position requires the incumbent to have a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. The position also requires a personal cell phone that may be used for business use.
*Medical *Long Term Disability (LTD) *Dental *Short Term Disability (STD)
*Vision *Life Insurance/AD&D *Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://www.ywcanashville.com/who-we-are/work-with-us/
**The YWCA Nashville & Middle TN is seeking to create a diverse work culture that closely matches the diversity of our client base.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $75K - $80K