YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Senior Director of Giving
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Position oversees strategy and programs for individual donors to help build a pipeline for major gifts. The position also manages some corporate prospects. Works closely with the Chief Development Officer to achieve fundraising goals and ensures consistent mission and program messaging. This position manages a portfolio of prospects to cultivate, ask and steward for their support of YWCA mission and programs. This position has the option for a combination of remote and in-person work.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, directors, senior and executive leadership.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with existing and prospective individual and corporate donors, and community organizations.
- Manages the cultivation and development of current and prospect individual donors to build a pipeline for major gifts from individual donors
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards relationships with current and prospective individual donors $10,000 and under.
- Writes, assembles, and submits individual funding requests, solicitation letters, acknowledgements, stewardship reports and presentations where applicable.
- Maintains calendar to ensure timely submission of funding requests.
- In collaboration with the CDO, develops growth strategy for new and current individual donors
- Manages YWCA annual giving programs and strategies with the goal of increasing number of donors, retention, and growing the recurring donor base
- Serves as point staff person for Giving Tuesday, The Big Payback, and YWCA internal annual giving solicitations. Works with team members on message, and vehicles for asking. Works closely with the Development Coordinator and Director of Donor Relations to execute and evaluate programs.
- Develops and implements strategy to retain and grow recurring donor numbers and dollars; sets annual goal and strategy to achieve that goal.
- Manages some corporate prospects to request their support of AWA, Wine Women & Shoes, and other YWCA events or activities. Works with Senior Director of Development and Marketing and Chief Development Officer on corporate strategy.
- Actively works to discover new prospects to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward through internal and external sources.
- Works with program directors on strategy for annual solicitation and stewardship.
- Maintains up to data entries on donor interactions on Raiser’s Edge.
- Participates in internal development team meetings, and other organization meetings tied to giving.
- Maintains confidentiality of donors’ information and interactions.
- Represents YWCA with a high level of integrity and professionalism, and supports management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CDO and/or the President and CEO.
- Participates in overall department planning and analytics.
- Maintains a working knowledge and can articulate YWCA mission and programs verbally and in writing.
- Attends YWCA Board Development Committee and other YWCA and community meetings as requested.
Education and Experience
Position requires a bachelor’s degree and three to five years of relevant experience in the Nashville & Middle Tennessee market. Experience asking individuals and corporate representatives for financial support is required. Experience working with a database software program is requested and Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, volunteers
- Job performance will require the ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time; move between areas by walking; standing; stretching; reaching
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate
- Ability to work long hours, nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate needs
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
Position requires incumbent to have a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, solicit, and manage new relationships and accounts
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals and corporate representatives to cultivate, ask and steward giving
- Demonstrated understanding and application of fundraising principles
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups
- High follow through
- Computer literate
- Resourceful, creative, and problem solver
- Proven ability to be flexible and effectively manage change
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: 70,000 - 80,000
- Working Hours: Days