YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Senior Director of Development and Marketing
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
We are actively searching for a Senior Director of Development & Marketing to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with an administrative team, are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
Position oversees corporate event partnerships and relationships, manages YWCA fundraising events and works closely with the Chief Development Officer to achieve fundraising goals and consistent brand message. The position manages the Development and Event Specialist position to leverage cultivation opportunities and ensure the voice of the agency is consistent across all outward facing events and materials.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, directors, senior and executive leadership.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with existing and prospective corporate donors and sponsors, board-related corporate entities, event vendors and agency partners.
- Manages the cultivation and development of corporate and individual donor and prospect relationships.
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with current and prospective corporate and individual event funders, manages coordination and communication, including pre- and post-event activities.
- Writes, assembles, and submits corporate funding requests, including letters of intent, solicitation letters, proposals, budgets, acknowledgements, and presentations.
- Maintains calendar to ensure timely submission of funding requests.
- Arranges corporate meetings to secure funding and prepare appropriate briefing materials.
- In collaboration with the CDO, develops growth strategy for new and current corporate and individual donors.
- Assists and supports the sponsorship strategy and activities for YWCA.
- Works with the CDO in managing the sponsorship strategy to plan, implement and evaluate special event sponsorship strategies, ensuring financial goals are met.
- Oversees timely delivery of sponsor benefits and recognition.
- Oversees planning and execution of signature fundraising events.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and leadership for Development team’s execution of fundraising events.
- Assists to recruit and manage event chairs, committees and in-kind partners.
- Manages event sponsorship plan, solicitations through stewardship.
- Manages event budget, sponsorship, ticket sales and other revenue streams to ensure events meet revenue goals.
- Oversees all event logistics and operations from planning to day of execution to stewardship to create elevated event experiences.
- Supports marketing and branding initiatives for the agency and each of its programs.
- Serves as point person for the Junior Board Committee working closely with the Development and Event Specialist on all JBC activities.
- Represents YWCA with a high level of integrity and professionalism, and supports management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CDO and/or the President and CEO.
- Participates in overall department planning and analytics.
- Attends Development Committee periodically and attends YWCA and community meetings as requested.
Education and Experience
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of relevant experience. Previous supervisory experience recommended. . Experience working with a database software program is required; Raiser’s Edge is preferred. Experience managing budgets.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, volunteers
- Job performance will require the ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time; move between areas by walking; standing; stretching; reaching
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate
- Ability to work long hours, nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate needs
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, solicit, and manage new relationships and accounts
- Demonstrated understanding and application of fundraising principles
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups
- High follow through
- Computer literate
- Resourceful, creative and problem solver
- Proven ability to be flexible and effectively manage change
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Apply Using This Link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php./jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=80214&clientkey=75324105F162349CC419382B93E8056D.
- Date Posted: April 27, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 04/27/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F