Martha O'Bryan Center
Senior Director of Creative Services
Martha O'Bryan Center
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location: Nashville – Martha O’Bryan Center
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Starting Salary: 55,000 annually, but depends on experience
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
The Senior Director of Creative Services provides comprehensive strategy as well as hands-on support and direction for Martha O’Bryan Center’s visual storytelling and branding efforts. This role’s strategic leadership portfolio includes the agency’s entire digital footprint as a first priority; as well as print collateral; video; artwork and related visual elements for our campus and built environments; as well as managing logos and other visual pieces of Martha O’Bryan Center’s brand. The Senior Director leverages a combination of their own creative skills to produce pieces in-house across a variety of channels as well as strong vendor management skills for creative production in partnership with external resources.
This position primarily supports the fundraising efforts at Martha O’Bryan Center, in addition to periodic creative services support for other functions such as programing and talent management. As a member of the Development Team, the Senior Director also helps staff fundraising events, takes a lead role in volunteer-driven art projects, and participates in basic data management processes, including partnering with the development team on the development and management of impact metrics for our creative storytelling efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The agency’s digital footprint is the highest impact component of our visual storytelling and therefore is the primary focus for this role. Here the Senior Director will leverage a variety of digital tools and platforms of various complexity, including the suite of Blackbaud creative tools within the Raisers Edge software, to create and manage content. The Senior Director is especially hands-on in the digital space –daily maintaining an up-to-date, engaging and responsive digital strategy for Martha O’Bryan Center across channels including:
- Email – create templates for monthly emails to agency’s supporters; partner with Chief Development Officer on content creation and design of emails using platforms including the Raisers Edge software;
- Web – in partnership with our software maintenance and web design vendor, design and maintain high-functioning website(s) for agency with evergreen and accurate content. Conducts systematic audits of web content to ensure accurate and current information on Martha O’Bryan Center programs, happenings, partners, etc. on the web;
- Social media – creates a consistent and balanced flow of posts and supporting content on social media channels with both scheduled content and same-day content opportunities. Partners with program staff to amplify and enhance social media content developed on program-specific social media accounts. Serves as subject matter expert and day-to-day owner of work taking place on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. Monitors and engages in social interactions with supporters and partners on said channels in a prompt, consistent and pro-active manner, frequently leveraging social media interactions to amplify and reinforce the agency’s messaging.
- Photography – Personally takes compelling and high-quality photos of happenings at Martha O’Bryan Center and our partners, including work happening in programs. Photography of clients and program work is done proactively in close partnership with programs to nimbly identify photo opportunities, and in a manner that is ethical and compliant with regard to leveraging images of clients. Proactively identifies photography being captured by other staff and maintains complete and organized central bank of photography for the agency.
- Manages creation of printed promotional materials, annual fund solicitations, and other communications. Leverages a combination of own graphic design skills and basic software such as Canva to create and print basic visual tools in-house, and working closely with outside designers and printers for more complex print collateral projects.
- Partner closely with video production vendors for video pieces, including development of video storyboards and creative concepts. Serves as hands-on production support for video production vendors with strategic coordination of interview subjects and other filming logistics.
- In close partnership with clients, staff and other stakeholders, develops art strategy for the organization’s main campus and other built environments. Guides the organization in the selection of art and maintains artistic elements of our built environment in partnership with the Operations team. Proactively identifies opportunities to use the visual arts to reinforce our messaging and culture as a joyful, ambitious, hopeful organization of change.
Volunteer Project Management
- In partnership with program staff, creatively and proactively identifies opportunities to bring more artistic opportunities into the work of our clients and volunteers that add value to the experience of all stakeholders. In partnership with development team, takes lead on logistics and staffing of select art-focused volunteer projects and executes volunteer policies and data tracking accordingly.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- An “eye for design” and familiarity with basic elements of strong storytelling / marketing.
- A strong comfort with technology as a super-user –digital platforms, CRM software, cloud computing, etc.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent and steady commitment to assigned responsibilities as well as professional passions.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet as well as basic design software such as Canva.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional local travel (15%).
- Current, valid driver’s license.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is a benefits elegible position.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Philanthropy / CSR
- Salary Range: $55,000 annually