Catholic Charities of TN
Senior and Individual Counselor
Catholic Charities of TN
Under the general coordination of the Supervisor of Counseling Services, the individual and senior therapist provides trauma-informed counseling service within agency guidelines. This position specializes in older adults and trauma.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains 7 to 10 available counseling slots per week for seniors and 10 to 12 slots for clients in North Nashville, ensuring that the counselor has 17 appointments, and regularly maintains a 70% utilization rate.
- Maintains availability for clients at convenient times, including some afternoon and evenings.
- Screen and assess requests for counseling services to determine appropriateness for agency’s services making referrals to other agencies or qualified individuals when indicated according to agency guidelines.
- Provide counseling to seniors, families, and individuals referred for service.
- Formulate and implement treatment plan for each case and adjusts plan as needed in carrying out pre-determined goals with client.
- Develop and implement groups which meet client needs.
- Provide wellness checks and/or crisis management for residents at Villa Maria Manor and crisis management to Mary Queen of Angels as time permits.
- Collaborate with Villa Maria Manor staff to provide services.
- Consult regularly with supervisor and colleagues on specific case-related challenges.
- Maintain accurate and timely counseling records according to agency guidelines.
- Maintain activity logs and submits reports to the Supervisor of Counseling Services within agency time frame.
- Participate trainings and workshops to increase professional knowledge.
- Maintain compliance with agency policies.
- Collaborate with undergraduate and graduate-level interns.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field with experience working with trauma, loss, grief, and group work.
- Licensed or working towards licensure preferred.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior, trauma, loss and grief, and the ability to use various methods and techniques of counseling with seniors, trauma, and families.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working hours, coverage areas, and case load.
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with ability to learn new technology as needed.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism.
- Self-starter and detail oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Regular work attendance.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 39,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 30 hr/week