The Housing Fund, Inc.
The Housing Fund, Inc.
This position will be located at our Madison, TN Headquarters on the outskirts of Nashville. The Housing Fund provides a flexible work arrangement usually consisting of no more than one day per week in the office required.
About the Position:
The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and is responsible for assisting with all accounting and ensuring compliance with US GAAP. In this position, you will be part of a talented and passionate team of communicators, lenders, portfolio managers, analysts, grant program staff, other accountants, and executives who bring their unique talents to our mission. This is a position that will have opportunities for growth and challenge as the department continues to enhance its financial infrastructure.
Loan Accounting Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Daily cash application entries, loan disbursements, and participation payments.
- Calculate and record interest income and notes receivable transactions.
- Calculate and record interest expense and notes payable transactions.
- Reconcile all loan-related general ledger accounts.
- Perform actual vs. budget variance analysis over lending activity.
- Prepare schedules and journal entries for monthly close.
- Assists other team members in various accounting processes as needed.
- Analyze various P&L and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist the auditors in the completion of the annual financial audits, including preparing appropriate financial schedules and footnote disclosures needed
- Assist in the preparation of annual surveys and other ad hoc reporting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 3+ years related job experience in accounting.
- Experience in the financial service industry is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and Uniform Guidance
- Strong general ledger skills are required
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and ERP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to interact comfortably with clients, team members, and all levels of management
- The high degree of accuracy and timeliness in work
- Proactive individual, accustomed to taking initiative.
The Housing Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including health, disability, and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), professional development, paid time off, and EAP program.
The Housing Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
How to Apply
Please attach your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirement and email to Joseph Lackey, Controller, at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: November 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 12/01/2023
- Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week; M-F