Self Pay Collection Specialist
The Collections Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the post-discharge patient accounts collection. This position deals directly with patients and guarantors in collecting past due and delinquent accounts and the daily maintenance of accounts receivable.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include some or all of the following:
- Performs day to day operations associated with collection procedures and follow up.
- Communicates with patients and guarantors to collect past due accounts working from collection work list with emphasis on regular monthly payments or payoffs.
- Monitors bank draft, collection placement, and statement processing.
- Negotiates payment in full for delinquent accounts and/or makes payment arrangements for new payment schedules within known parameters.
- Prepares accounts that are past due and places them with outside collections according to guidelines.
- Consolidates patient accounts, prorates and combines balances.
- Generates collection letters.
- Prepares monthly collections reports to be turned into Director of Patient Accounting.
- Initiates and coordinates the monthly patient statement process.
- General data entry.
- Reviews accounts for accuracy.
- Works bi-monthly bank and credit card drafts.
- Represents Cumberland Heights Foundation during court proceedings regarding collections accounts.
- Answers client and family questions regarding insurance payments and self pay arrangements.
- Processes and writes up payments, daily, to be posted to patient accounts.
- Acts as backup to other Accounts Receivable staff.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Ensures proper handling and distribution of company funds.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; a minimum of two (2) years collections or other Accounts Receivable experience required; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities
Ability to speak, hear, see and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; good problem-solving and interpersonal skills; good written and oral communication skills; excellent customer service skills; ability to remain calm and supportive when dealing with hostile persons on telephone; ability to use PC, proficient in 10 key, AS400 based software and calculator. If recovering, one year of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position will require evening work hours.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Visit our website at Cumberlandheights.org to apply
- Date Posted: March 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)