National Museum of African American Music
Under the direction of the VP of Operations, monitor and oversee the security operations for NMAAM to provide a safe and secure environment.
NMAAM is the only museum dedicated to preserving the legacy and celebrating the accomplishments of the many music genres created, influenced, or inspired by African Americans. The Museum will share the story of the American Soundtrack, integrating history and interactive technology to bring the musical heroes of the past into the present.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct activities of third party Security Guards including assignments and review of work, assignment of work schedules and alternate work schedules.
- Plan, direct or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Provide training for all new staff and provide updates to training on a regular basis.
- Liaison with third party security companies and local law enforcement agencies.
- Check and monitor the access control of museum visitors, business visitors and museum staff.
- Oversee protection of the Museum assets from theft and inventory loss.
- Develop and/or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems using established protocols.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Conduct investigations and prepare incident reports as necessary.
- Conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of the facilities security processes.
- Assist in budget preparation for security operations and monitors expenses.
- Work flexible hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- BA preferred with 5 plus years of progressively responsible security management experience.
- Public, private or military law enforcement or security experience required.
- Non-profit venue security management experience preferred.
- Must be certified in Tennessee with PPSL (Private Protective Services License) and maintain licensure. Must be able to obtain armed guard registration.
- CPR Certification is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of First Aid.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of NMAAM to serve both internal and external customers.
- Conducts self in a professional manner; maintains appropriate professional appearance.
- Follows and supports policies and procedures of NMAAM.
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze information.
- Ability to listen and observe in order to meet the varying needs of guests and property.
- Ability to handle complaints and refer to the appropriate persons when necessary.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under constant pressure of often conflicting deadlines and numerous interruptions.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrated background in security leadership role.
All Staff Duties:
- Serves as leader to assure strong communications between NMAAM and all external constituents.
- Actively seeks to learn the history of NMAAM.
- Supports and promotes the museum’s mission.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NMAAM offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits and compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous paid time off, and a matched 401(k).
How to Apply
We invite you to apply by sending your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: September 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: 60,000 - 70,000
- Working Hours: Work flexible hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.